Permanent Leaver Status Hell

Basically I am in permanent leaver status hell, that I cannot get out of.

Almost every match the client will freeze up for a second and immediately reconnect me. I spend like 1 second disconnected and it usually happens only once per match. That is enough to get me flagged as leaver and record my game as lost, even if we actually won the game, even if I actually got MVP and thumbs up from every teammate.

I played this game for years and never had this problem. I did not change any of my hardware and my internet is fine. I think the issue is on client side, because I can see application itself become unresponsive. There is nothing I can do about it. As far as I can tell more you get flagged, harsher the penalties become. I just finished my last 3rd required leaver game, won it, ggs all around, everyone happy and came out to be greeted by requirement to play 4 more leaver games now.

At this point I am just forced to abandon the game. :persevere:

1 Like

Since it’s not happening on a large scale to a lot of other players, the issue is with your computer.

Post your specs to the tech forum at Technical Support - Heroes of the Storm Forums and a staff will usually help you pinpoint the cause of the lag.

It could be something as simple as a failing hard-drive if you haven’t touched the insides of your computer for years. Or an overheating CPU due to built up dust inside the fan grill.

One sign of a failing HDD or CPU overheating is short 1-3 second freezes, unresponsiveness and lag.

Hey, thanks for the advice I’ll do that.
Not sure about hardware failing, since I play other, way more demanding games, and none of them have any freezing issues. Idk maybe specific section of hard drive where game is installed is corrupted. Food for some thought, thanks!

edit: I remembered what else made me think it client side issue…

So sometimes, although much more rarely the game would start acting erratic after reconnecting from that freeze. Things like abilities with target would either don’t work or target that ability at your feet instead of waiting mouse input. Or when trying to type in chat whats happening to you to your teammates: pressing Enter would instead of opening chat for all, would scroll through their names instead as if you are DMing them. You still would not be able to say anything, because pressing Enter again would just switch to another player. Also some of the letters would not type in that chat while others would. Once, I had hero keep trying to walk to a specific point in map (point where I was standing during freeze) after finishing any other order that was given to them.