People in ARAM are really really really really bad

I.Q and E.Q are seperate mental attributes.

You can have a really smart player who can’t regulate their emotions, or the emotions of others, very well.

And you can have a really dumb player who doesn’t get frustrated and plays well with others.

Sometimes people have both. Other times people have neither. I personally hate thinking of people like this, but it helps me understand my teammates behaviour sometimes when they are giving good callouts in the worst way possible.

Just the other day I met a Ragnaros player. He was good at the game and got mvp, but he did not know how to communicate in a healthy manner, even if his callouts and advice were spot on.

1 Like

Yep, that’s why I said “usually”

yeah I can’t tell you the amount of times we’ve lost because the team always does the opposite of what they should be doing. there’s no point in trying to explain or educate, they probably dont even know how to read. and im not saying that as a diss, I genuinely think they do not know how to read much less grasp the fundamentals of ARAM. its’ not hard, but its always out of reach for seemingly EVERY team im on. If I pick a tank and get a good engage on a squishy, my team is nowhere to be found. repeat infinity. ive just stopped picking tank altogether nobody ever follows up. And if I’m DPS its much more of the opposite. tank and everyone else is always afraid to engage or make a play, so we just D up the whole game while our base dies and then its over. ARAM is just a clown fiesta and you’ll lose 8 out of 10 games you play if you’re lucky. its whatever, i just play whatever i want cuz it doesnt matter. embrace the circus

I’m sorry to burst the bubble but ARAM has been fundamentally built around RNG that’s what the R in ARAM stand for.

With people playing it like unironic meta filling game from QM/SL people will pick roles or heroes they have 0 skills in and subsequently struggle.

If you know ARAM enough, you’d know this mainly outside of the fact there’s no MMR factor in it, so you can play with the worst players or a GM lobby.

A lot of people don’t look at ARAM competitively enough and has also been the casual experience of QM/SL for a very long time, a mode that you can literally turn your brain off and win.

Don’t sweat, you are just gonna get pissed off about it more and just realize it’s chaotic for a lot of factors, where QM people would usually priorities comfort picks of heroes they know how to play, this is not the case in ARAM, because could probably get one but then we have no healer, or get all of them but forced to pick a tank, or none of then and has to learn a choice between Arthas, Alarak or Murky, pick your poison because all of them would be painful especially for someone who’s new to them.

1 Like

Omg this happens more often then not and it really salts my apple.

To the OP the only thing I can agree with is people not knowing who is and isn’t a tank and really should learn that before they start complaining.

1 Like

It’s not so much about who is or isn’t a tank, but what they can do for you. Johanna for example might save you with a blind or a well timed vacuum which will break any wind-up ability, but otherwise if a fat body isn’t lucky to be standing in a choke point to block enemy passage, all they can do is just watch as their team gets priority targeted. There is only so much you can do when you’re alone in front and sitting on your hands isn’t what you had in mind when you queued aram.

When you’re unlucky to be playing with four ranged (including a healer) they’re not exactly helping each other distribute incoming punishment and the only thing on their mind is not to stand together inside of a minion wave to avoid being hit by the same Azmodan orb.

Says the dude with 12k band waggon posts in a forum for a dead game. Exactly my humour.

wagon only has 1 “G”

2 Likes

The word “Wagon” has 0 “D” actually

:nerd_face:

Well for a “dead game” you sure go out of your way to liven up it’s forums

So trying to make fun of someone who posts here is a bit like the kettle calling the pot black

2 Likes

so, you don’t disagree with the statement directed toward you, and instead post something that makes you look worse by comparison.

I don’t think you understand what a “band wagon” would be – especially since it’s a ‘dead forum’ – but you might wanna chill on your impulses in favor of reading better. Esp since you continue to lurk this ‘dead forum’ for your conspiracy rants.

I honestly do not see the appeal of people that brazenly go out of their way to brag that they’re ignorant, oblivious, and then act like they have something to prove with the pathetic bravado of borrow words.

I don’t mean to alarm you, but each time you post about people’s post counts, your count goes up too :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Bro, this game attracts the worst kinds of stupid players because they are not punished for being bad, sometimes, they are carried and win regardless. It’s one of this game’s major design flaws that doesn’t help players know if they are ACTUALLY playing well. All we have is a stat screen and all these players know is high numbers are good (from WoW) and K/D ratio (LoL/FPS games like CoD). They know nothing of teamwork because the game does nothing to emphasize the teamwork aspect of this game that is one of the most crucial features of this game: You can’t carry alone. There’s too much CC that even the best player in the world cannot 1v5 a team except under very rare circumstances/bad players. ARAM being known as a joke mode/for fun and not serious also doesn’t help.

I realized not that long ago, that most people are not serious gamers and don’t care about being good and learning, they just want to play a game and kill people with their favorite hero. That’s it.

They usually only queue alone. To get a consistent high effort, high skill/teamwork/strategic game. You need to queue as 5. Random solo queuers never played as a team and never will (not true of all, but that’s the majority of ARAM players)

“Bad players” are punished by losing MMR. If you want to avoid most of the problems you’re complaining about, play ranked, then as you’re no doubt a “good” player as your rank climbs, you will no longer be matched with “bads.”

You might also want to group up with four friends, to help eliminate the random factors that you need to accept if you choose to queue solo.

1 Like

talking about aram tho, not ranked. I consider both modes a different game

I believe that you have Heroes of the Storm

Confused with:

This

As there is no MMR used in ARAM, you need to adjust your expectations. You could be matched with a GM or with a B5, like the mode the MM is random.

I did adjust expectations, I accept that most games will have people with no clue what to do and that’s fine

I disagree with every nonsense post out of 12k available ones ever posted by the little dragon.

The same applies to the feel good posts like:

In the end I don’t care about the game or Blizzard anymore. I just make sure from time that things in this forum don’t get out of control too much. Microsoft should be able to read about the actual state of the Blizzard games and not only delusional content.

I speak for all of us in expressing my sincere gratitude that we have your measured and guiding presence on these forums. Your constant vigilance keeps we “out of control” posters in line, and your Herculean efforts to keep the power of Blizzard in check are truly commendable.

I wouldn’t have guessed, as your above comment directly contradicts the notion that you don’t care about Blizzard or Hots.

4 Likes

If you would make finally the decision the quit the forum and search for another hobby were your wisdom is needed, I could retire as well.

I have many hobbies. You can retire at any time, unless you have some kind of weird parasocial relationship with me, I should not be a factor in your decision to leave or not leave these forums.

Whatever your reasons are, your very personal replies to me are frankly unwelcome and creepy.

2 Likes