People in ARAM are really really really really bad

Why does it feel like half the games in ARAM are my team intentionally trying to lose. There are some severely basic principles in how you should draft and play, and unless you play as a 5man of diamonds, masters, and grandmasters, you just want to pull all of your hair out.

DON’T TRICKLE. If someone dies and you’re now 4v5, don’t play aggressive. Just stay back and play defense. Don’t try to take the enemy camp. Don’t run in front of the minions when the enemy team has a Stitches. Don’t ping the AI so it follows you to your death as you make a stupid AF play. Don’t get mad at the healer for backing up when they have spam-pinged “we have a talent disadvantage” “retreat” “I’m low on mana.”

BRUISERS ARE NOT TANKS. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’m trying to educate stupid players that bruisers are not tanks. The fist icon means bruiser, the shield icon means tank. DON’T last second switch from Blaze to Nazeebo because you think Yrel is a tank. Don’t make a hero like Garrosh or Johanna, or any tank have to peel for 4 no-mobility mages. Stop complaining when Arthas goes full tank-build because all you know is Q build with your 3 games played with the hero.

JUST PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE YOUR TEAMMATES ARE. The number of times a garbage Valla or Jaina has just walked in front of their whole team only to get thrown by the enemy Garrosh. ARRRGGH, JUST WALK THE F AWAY. No, you are not a tank, Hanzo, in fact, the tank has gone back to the fountain for mana and health. Risking your life to deal a tiny amount of poke damage that will immediately be healed up by the healer is not smart if it means you get a 50 second death timer and the enemy gets a keep.

STOP BLAMING YOUR TEAMMATES FOR YOUR 12+ DEATHS. We’ve all seen it. You know what I’m talking about so don’t pretend it isn’t real.

And a lot of the bad players from ARAM make it into Quick Match. There’s a reason I almost exclusively play as a 5man in QM. This is a team game- much more so than any other MOBA on the planet. No matter how good you are, if you get trash players, you lose- unless you have a hyper-carry hero like Junkrat or Kel’thuzad, and a few others.

Yeah, I know this is an aggressive venting post, but I kinda want to stab someone right now this so infuriating. It’s just expected that you get that bucket of horse piss player on your team 75% of the time. If you haven’t, then you are a lucky SOB.

New players aren’t joining this game, it’s almost all veterans at this point. How can your account be 6 years old and you still walk in a straight line and get hit by every skillshot? People complain that I play in 5mans, but that’s the only way to nullify the BS matchmaker. Getting MVP and still losing all the time is not fun.

I’m ready for all the downvotes and all the people telling me I’m garbage at the game and everything is my fault. I’ll be disappointed if the post doesn’t get flagged.

EDIT. Also forgot to mention there are sooooooo many AFKers in ARAM. Literally right after making this post, I got into a game and a guy AFK and we got a bot Illidan instead of a tank we desperately needed. It’s like clockwork how reliably unreliable players are in this game. Also, JUST PING THE BOT OR IT WILL REPEATEDLY DIE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, LIKE 5 TIMES IN 2 MINUTES.

Man, just forget it. Everyone already knows this, just nobody cares about this game. And don’t listen to guys with 10,000+ messages - they don’t even play it.

3 Likes

It is used to get rid of leaver game queue. I never really found it interesting enough to play more than a few here and there.
Honestly, thats likely it. They hope they can afk and get a win and get out of the queue.

1 Like

it’s less an aram thing, a more a hots/life thing. There are reasons why people think soaking, using the minimap, or actually aiming for skillshots are considered ‘cheating’ in this game, when they’re the ‘basic’ functions.

Since aram doesn’t have climbable matchmaking, it can be a crapfest who ends up on what side, and people can rationalize it away as "it’s just aram’ to act like their inability to do much more than run to lane, die, and repeat till the match is over is some intrinsic quality that wouldn’t be the case should they play something that ‘matters’.

But that’s pretty much also the complain of life too. The sort of people that are terrible at basic things in games tend to also be terrible at ‘basic’ things in life, and they either shrug it off with some ‘lol, I’m not always like this’ attitude, or they tend to complain about everything around them as some sort of government conspiracy that it’s everyone else’s fault instead.

“common sense” is not common, “obvious” observations aren’t so obvious, and people can be overbaked, overstimulated bums that don’t know what’s really going on around them, so they’re bad at things, and tend to stay bad at them. Setting up your expectations that some magic forum hivemind doens’t play this game, encounter some sort of griefing player – in a game where people grief because they think it has more impact than actually getting good at the game – it just setting yourself up for a bad time.

2 Likes

While I agree with you and I have my fair share of player behaviour complaints…

it just sucks when you just get people that don’t co-operate in a team based game. With any multi-player game actually, they all want to play with other people without co-operating, which is so ironic.

The only game that I have played that have solo players team and co-operate is WoW raids and instances…

I miss my WotLK days… I had all heroic gear except 1, I was the 2nd most geared player on my server. I was proud and not cause I had no life lol

They are called the bandwaggon. A waggon full of trolls and fanboys.

It’s just an I.Q. issue. Higher I.Q. people usually have better social skills and can delay celebrating or giving up until it’s not premature. Game concepts also aren’t difficult for them, but confounding for unintelligent folks.

I play Hots too often. I also play enough to know that of course people in ARAM will often be “bad.”

What expectations do you have of a mode that uses no MMR to match players and also employs a random hero shuffle pick? I wonder if you ever played Hots at all, not to know or understand this basic fact regarding ARAM.

4 Likes

Because most of those people left in this game dont care about you or anyone els. They only log in to make people rage quit and then log off and repeat it all again tomorrow.

If you cant make a decent post that has anything to do with this thread then just leave.

You must be new to the forum. People can play the game and then post here after and then play some more. Played this game for 7 years and have 16000+ games and have about 13000 posts. That is about 2 posts a day I have done for about 7-8 years on average. But feel free to complain. No one listen to you anyway.

3 Likes

LoL this reminds me of a conversation I had with somebody who was terrible in this game and said he was part of MENSA and had a high IQ and that he was getting his masters. I’m like, cool, I already have a masters and I don’t use any of that in HOTS, and it’s not something that matters at all at life, but you could be Steven Hawking and still suck at HOTS.

To the OP, I disagree with a lot of your takes, but do understand the frustration of bad teammates. Ultimately, it’s ARAM, and you just have to expect that there’s going to be a wide diversity of players you’re going to encounter. If you can’t handle that, you should probably stay away from it.

4 Likes

Chances are, if you misunderstand the game this much, the problem is you.

They arrived. Use that mute button.

The thing about aram is I personally won’t mind if someone decide to pick a random melee over the preferred high winrate and ease of use Valla/Azmo/Nazeebo/Ming, because it feels like they’re actually part of the game and not just throwing rocks from a safe distance. It is much more fun to play a tank when there is someone by your side to help share incoming damage, cover for your mistakes or able to capitalize on your plays without the 3 second spell travel delay.

But what usually happens is you end up playing against ETC, Anduin, Genji and double Cassia with a LiMing teammate of your own. You suggest at start that taking a knockback would be very prudent against such team and the dumb idiot still picks laser. Not only does she kill her entire team by shooting at Zanshin Deflect but you have no way of breaking Fend invulnerability which nullifies half of your team’s ability to deal damage.

No reasonable player will complain over your team wanting to play some weird composition, but it is very disappointing when they proceed to make all the wrong choices for the next 20 minutes.

bro i like you. you have a brain lol

i did not read what u said but u have tyrande as ur picture will you add me and play with me and be my gf?

1 Like

Yep, they are bad and they need to get banned more often.

Just had 3 games with a really bad and rude player. He has a NSFW name using slightly different looking characters, probably should be banned for name alone. I been seeing him for months so clearly the report system isn’t working well.

First game he says he don’t know how to play Malfurion and that becomes evident. He kept saying for us to give up when we were winning fights without him. He didn’t innervate me once. Coulda won if he didn’t suicide so much.

Next two matches I unfortunately get him on my team again. The second one he was just terrible (like half or a third of the damage of normal player) and died a ton. Third game I had the tank option but picked Li Ming instead because I saw this awful player on my team and as I suspected we woulda lacked major damage if I tanked for this dude. I was right but he was so bad it cost us the game and everyone knew it. He was doing mercs during teamfights constantly then he’d run in with his merc wave and die 1v5 after we lost b/c it was always a 4v5. I reported him for feeding/AFKing in every match and I know many others did as well.

I definitely won’t fill a role if I see a troll or terrible player as above on my team. I still didn’t alt+f4 so I guess 4v5ing is more fun to me than 10 of the same hero. The trick is just to wait 5-10 min to queue if you get ridiculous people on your team in ARAM. I just did that and don’t see him on either team. Success.

Where’s that facepalm ascii art. I know I have it around here somewhere…

(Also, you seem quite obsessed with I.Q.)

2 Likes

You are a yes man that support yes men.

1 Like

The return of the alts, has to be a coincidence, I’m sure.

2 Likes

While I don’t mind the challenges of solo queue, this seems like a justified rant. Two things I like about it are

1. you explain the correct way to do things after complaining
  2. this post was weirdly fun to read
3 Likes