Orphea Makes This Game No Different than League/Dota 2

So is this game no longer about iconic heroes from classic Blizzard universes? I thought that was the point?

We could’ve gotten other big-name heroes like another Prime Evil; or the game’s first true priest, someone like Velen. Instead, we get someone who has only very recently appeared in comics I’d venture to say most of this dwindling community hasn’t seen or cares about.

I’d even take more development time finally fixing Chen over this as he’s been effectively removed from the hero pool right now.

Now that we get heroes sprung on us out of thin air rather than iconic, classic heroes, the flavor that separates this game from Dota 2 or League has been diluted.

Really disappointed.

75 Likes

Quit crying, Orphea is now officially part of Blizzard heroes with lore.

36 Likes

Yup, 1 out of 83 heroes was enough to make this game no different than lol/dota.

/s

56 Likes

Barely. She only exists in comics my friends and I didn’t even know existed until recently, and has only existed in those comics for a very short time. She’s a really iconic lore figure!

Meanwhile, there are bigger fish waiting to be fried that people have been asking for, for years.

(See: Velen, Mengsk, Mannoroth, Cairne, other Prime Evils, a fixed Chen, the list goes on)

Only takes one fly landing in my food for me to start finding it unappetizing.

Sarcasm aside, it sets a precedent. This game is no longer just about classic universes, fighting iconic heroes with other iconic heroes. Assuming more are going to be added, it’s now about classic heroes and random OC’s fighting each other.

24 Likes

For how long? If Orphea does really well you can bet your butt we’ll get more.
Better put Deathwing and Mengsk on the backburner, boys - we have more OCs to make.

7 Likes

If not Mei or Pharah, I think Orphea beats another generic Warcraft spam.

11 Likes

Then maybe build her up first, as the others have been. Give me a reason to care about her.

If the Nexus is going to be a universe as big as the others are, then maybe it should be built up like the others have been for years. Comics do not do that.

Very classy argument.

22 Likes

So they release her to build her up, and then you cry about it.

She.Needs.To.Be.Released.To.Be.Known.

I’ll say it louder for those in the back.

Blizzard needs to release more than just comics to grow HotS as a stand alone and not just a random game without actual lore.

10 Likes

No she doesn’t. Cinematics, events, brawls. If she’s supposedly ticked off at her dad, show a cinematic on the launcher displaying all the nasty things Daddy Birb did. Show a cinematic of Orphea being a badass and fighting back.

Have events showing these things in-game over time. Give us a brawl that lets us participate.

Until today, I didn’t even know what she looked like. Why should I be excited for her release?

13 Likes

Say what you will, Orphea still has more lore than LoL and DotA combined.

26 Likes

I disagree with you but that doesn’t change the fact the mental image this puts in my head is far more hilarious to me than it should be.

3 Likes

They did a perfect intro for her. Why are you still complaining about a Blizzard character being released on a Blizzard game?

At this point you’re just complaining cause you’re butt hurt that one of your favorites heroes wasn’t picked.

Quit crying, they’ll get released soon.

15 Likes

You can tell he’s the type of manager who wants an 18 year old college student with 50 years of experience. He eats soup with a fork cause that’s just what he’s known all his life.

AKA, no logic.

4 Likes

The point of this game HAD been characters from other franchises clashing with characters they would have never encountered otherwise, this KILLS that. At least they aren’t removing those heroes and likely they will add more but the damage is done.

11 Likes

Because this game was originally called “Blizzard All-Stars,” as in, the stars of Blizzard games. And that has held true for the last four or five years, with more stars yet to be added.

Orphea isn’t a star of any Blizzard game, book, etc. and has very little content detailing what she actually is. If there is more content that I don’t know about, that’s exactly the problem.

I don’t care that they didn’t pick a hero I’ve always wanted. What I do care about is a dilution of the game’s original vision, and a dilution of the flavor that makes it unique.

12 Likes

Great, so we got the part where you can’t adapt to change. The game is now called Heroes of the Storm. It was named as such when I played in Technical Alpha. Move on, quit crying.

This isn’t a good excuse for them to not release Orphea. Try again. Or don’t, because that’s a pathetic excuse. This hero release is making it more unique and adding flavor to not just the maps, but the future of content for HotS.

8 Likes

To me it’s pretty odd to see these comments. If it were an RPG, I would understand, but to me- this is like complaining how a Chess piece looks like.

12 Likes

WoW is now changed in to world of Starcraft in patch 7.2. Don’t like it? Stop crying and adapt to change.

What a stupid argument.

8 Likes

If you’re trying to flex on me, I played in tech alpha as well.

That’s, like, your opinion, man. Changing a game’s foundation just for the sake of making it different/new isn’t a good thing to me.

Regardless, arguing with you has no point. You’re just going to throw insults my way instead of actually trying to have a productive discussion.

You should eat a Snickers because you seem a little torqued off. You’re not you when you’re hungry.

10 Likes

Except your example is false. Mine isn’t.

3 Likes