Orphea Makes This Game No Different than League/Dota 2

That’s called an analogy, sweetie.

8 Likes

i prefer hots original heroes instead of garbage ow heroes that broke the original hots project

4 Likes

I’m actually fine with Overwatch heroes since there are a multitude of cinematics about them as well as a full game. I’d say that’s enough to qualify.

Orphea’s got basically nothing, though. As I said before, I had no idea of what she even looked like until today.

4 Likes

orphea is part of the nexus and it got lore, she has more rights than any ow heroe to be released, at least orphea doesnt break the original project of a game

4 Likes

I don’t like OW heroes and this is wrong.

7 Likes

Has it? Orphea’s really the only OC that makes sense- they aren’t going to put realm lords into the roster, but she isn’t a realm lord.

They’ve always the option to add more later of course- but at the moment she’s the only one that makes sense.

I also really like her design, and she doesn’t seem to interfere with any big potential future additions.

As amusing as it is- there’s really no reason for a tantrum over this.

11 Likes

That’s A, your fault for not reading the comics and B, the perfect reason why she SHOULD be released and we are thankful for it. It’s like I don’t even have to bother making arguments cause you win them for me in the same paragraph.

4 Likes

And Overwatch Cries in Zenyatta

1 Like

HotS is about others games’ heroes fighting each others. These heroes already have character development that make us like them. I don’t know Orphea. She just appeared a few weeks ago. She is issued from a “lore” that looks messy, clumped together from some elements that were not meant to be developped when they first came out, in a poor atempt to generate the same hype as the Overwatch lore.

Orphea is not iconic in any way. And she is from HotS itself, which beats the idea of others universes clashing together. That does set the first stone to having a LoL/Dota like game, with heroes that might be cool in some way, but certainly not iconic in the way that set HotS apart.

11 Likes

You’re wrong. It’s about Blizzard heroes fighting each other.

Let me make this clear. Orphea and HotS was created by Blizzard.

She appeared a little less than a year ago. She’s now iconic to being the daughter of the Raven Lord and the first HotS unique character release.

Let’s keep this going.

2 Likes

Saying that he’s wrong won’t make it true. You’re trying to show random elements as if they proved you right but in reality that’s simply not the case, and a hero being “iconic” doesn’t refer to how long they have existed.

No, the fact that no one read these uninteresting comics is not a reason for Orphea being released, in any way.
No, it’s not his fault if the comics are not worth reading (and I read them, I know what I’m talking about). It’s Blizzard’s fault for trying to rush the game’s lore and making a new hero out of a character we barely know (from ONE comic).
And it’s the HotS team’s fault for trying to reproduce the Overwatch model, instead of trying to make their own thing, which would be mutch more interesting.

7 Likes

Did you forget to switch accounts?

1 Like

Yeah? Of course there are no other OCs yet, they haven’t established the one they have very well.

Yeah, you definitely forgot to switch accounts.

Well, that’s embarrassing.

I double posted, that’s all. But I suppose that when there are more people calling you wrong than there are calling you right, it’s easyer to suggest they are just duplicate accounts.

4 Likes

Sure thing Emberstone.
Whatever you say.

You realize since blizzard made it then its still a blizzard OC

2 Likes

I will concede that bit is partially my fault. The comic appeared on the launcher if I remember correctly, but just didn’t care enough to read it. So, not reading it is on me.

The biggest issue I have with Orphea is that the comic is the only place I would’ve seen her. For a character that is supposedly important enough to be put into the game, there should be more content surrounding her.

For a character so important, she has hardly any visibility.

4 Likes

And the cinematic we have for her release does nothing. We learn what? She doesn’t like her dad. The dialogues are just fillers that could fit almost any subject.
Okay, we see them splashing purple paint at each other, I suppose (it’s difficult to be engaged in a confrontation when you don’t know anything about the characters’ powers or their limitations).
In clear we have no motivation, and no scale of power, to link us to the characters, and so the cinematic is hardly engaging (or even interesting) at all.

There is no character devlopment, and the idea of HotS is exactly the opposite: to have heroes we care about, because they are developped.

9 Likes