Option to mute enemy players

If you really think its fun to spam voice line every 5 sec in teamfights like he did then something is wrong with you.

2 Likes

Fair enough, i can understand why the voiceline thing is annoying so muting those make sense.
I guess spamming spray sounds would do the same.
Like you said B is untouchable though both the sound and visual cues are important.

1 Like

I’m thinking they won’t in the end anyway. Part of their intention with sprays and voice lines was probably specifically to enable that kind of thing, where players-- like Varag-- can time them well and add a psychological effect to battle.

Most I could see is enforced cooldown, like if you spam you get soft locked out of it for some duration. I don’t think any of it is at any risk of being touched anytime soon.

1 Like

It was a year ago or so, but yeah that was the only time i saw it, cant remmember if he got wrecked or if they stomped us tho :joy:

Cant you just put the voiceline in a mouse button and keep it pressed while you use it?

You really must have got mad when someone outplayed you and spammed taunting you after they did.

1 Like

When someone is being mean to you with bad boy sprays and naughty emotes, just turn off your monitor, take off your headset and repeat these words:
Mommy loves me.
Daddy loves me.
I’m a big boy, I’m a sweet boy.
Nobody can hurt me in my safe space.
I am not a man. I’m not strong.
I’m a wittle delicate baby boy.

It’s already got a timer of 5+ seconds between use. Nobody is spamming these things while making big plays, and it’s usually only dropped when you get outplayed, which is likely what happened to OP too many times.

Can’t see any reason not to have the option.

1 Like

Sounds like the idea of muting them kind of hurts you more than them not being muted hurts OP. It didn’t take long for you to sink into ludicrous ad hominem over the suggestion of a simple additional option.
Big yikes from me, boss.

2 Likes

You have “all chat” disabled. That is a big thing. In other mobas, you always hear enemy team’s drama or their taunts.

1 Like

Stripping/cheapening content < leaving/adding content.

This game is already severely lacking as is. Let’s not go backwards, slugger.

A big part of mobas are the mind games you can play in all chat. You get somebody on the enemy team to fall for your bait, they start playing worse. Unfortunately this game lacks that aspect.

I wouldn’t support that idea. It creates more toxic environment and bad gaming experience. It is just annoying that somebody mocks you to the end just because they are winning

You’re a dread lord, my man. That sort of stuff should be right up your alley.

1 Like

I feel like maybe you might prefer League of Legends then? I don’t see what the problem is with more options, but hey, like I say… You do you, my dood.

Nah, there’s just some games where it’s constant voice lines from a certain player on the enemy team.

Yes, there’s a cooldown, but imagine playing a 35 minute match and hearing Chromie saying “WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD” every 10 seconds with no way to mute that stuff.

It gets annoying after the first 5 minutes.

Point being that if people are spamming voicelines/taunt to the point that it’s an annoyance, it’s almost reaching to the spot that there’s no point to disabling all chat.

To everyone: don’t wanna mute people? Then don’t.
It doesn’t hurt anything to just add a mute option. You already have it for teammates.

1 Like

LMAO. Go out and buy a problem somewhere.
You can probably get one at WalMart
This is one of the craziest non-issues someone could dream up

1 Like

That’s the only think I’d like to be able to block from the enemy team. There was one game with a Li Li player who kept spamming “Oh yeah psssst…that’s what I’m talking about” and I remember another with a Brightwing spamming “No, no, no!”

Don’t get me wrong, I love Brightwing, but this kind of spam can be quite distracting/irritating unlike sprays or b-steps.

It’s a novel change over “Kt’s living bomb is no skill OP and so is Pyroblast”…I also noticed this is a necro…eww

You’re to fragile if you let things like that affect you… gotta harden yourself

• Life hacks by serkONE
1 Like

Ok, let me know how you do once you hear “WE HAVE ALLLLLL THE TIME IN THE WORLD” for 35 minutes straight with no ability to turn it off on a game that you rely on for pings, objective announcements, and game progress notifications (thus you can’t just turn off all sound).

Edit #5: Forums kept not letting me directly quote for a few tries, hence all the edit notifications.

Come again? You realize that there’s a ton of other MOBAs that already allow you to mute enemy team and non-chat actions, right?