Option to mute enemy players

Would be nice to have an option to mute all of an enemy’s interactions ie manual voicelines (that u equip in loadout), sprays, and emotes. Kinda surprised that’s not currently implemented.

4 Likes

Why? :smiley:

13 Likes

He’s triggered by the MLG gank-n-spray

9 Likes

I can see this being of benefit, but I’m like 90% sure MOBA staff unironically support taunt spam and similar gestures.

3 Likes

There are cooldowns on sprays and voicelines so they can’t be spammed too much already.
Why would you mute something that insignificant?

2 Likes

Exactly, why would anyone bother to do sprays and voice lines during a battle?

1 Like

I would maybe if we had something as great as the flag of ownership from wow and that is pushing it.

1 Like

B step says hello :laughing:

1 Like

Tell that to the enemy Muradin i played vs many months ago. He was spamming his voice line every 5 sec in teamfights and every time he saw one near him.

1 Like

True but you at least you lose the control of your hero while bstepping pushing the spray or voiceline button however.

I was going to say the same lol, had an enemy muradin saying his voiceline every 5 seconds.

Seeing a bstep, spray or taunt is not annoying but a repetitive sound is irritating after 15 min.

In other words, it’s pointless or nothing good.

Guess you encountered the same Mura maybe i had.

Pointless request: if you could mute those things, people who actually already spam those will just B step around instead. And it will also remove some nice cosmetics from being usefull in anyway.

it became part of my gameplay, for taunting at specific moments and mess with the enemies focus, I’d be sad if it goes

plus sometimes it allows for some nice interactions with the enemies when a voiceline fits perfectly the situation, and it’s not especially in a taunting way, can be kinda like “yeah we understood each others” spirit, i don’t know how to say it, but you can communicate with enemies sometimes, or for like it’s a funny quote at said moment, kinda joking with the guy on the other team

and also, some sprays synergize with the theme of your loadout

but I agree that rarely it happens that you’re in a game where there’s this guy just spamming his voiceline, every single up-time, like he has the button pushed-locked … and it’s annoying, I remember a thrall “for doomhammer” like all game long on sky temple, and it was so long ago I don’t even remember when but it marked me… so freaking annoying

And?

If this guy has the time to really spam that button every 5 seconds for 15 minutes he either kicks your rear so hard he could afk or he asks to get punished and for some strange reason you do not kill him.

This is not something you are going to see often.

It’s a pretty trivial complaint from the OP, but I do get it when you have an enemy constantly spamming a voice line, that gets old fast.

no, deal with it

The argument floats the boat both ways, Mac my man: if it’s such a trifle, why not just add it in and be done with it? Options seldom harm the state of a game.

As to Varag’s point I think that’s what OP wants to avoid, just focus on the gameplay but again, I’m like 90% sure MOBA staff-- any MOBA-- enjoy the concept of psychological warfare. I’m hard-pressed to take a stance one way or the other because THE ART OF WAR decrees that we shall know our opponents best to attain victory, but then I see where our TC hails from because honestly it’s not like it’s adding much and some people are terribly obnoxious.

I suppose I can easily rest that they’ll just bstep anyway, and it’s not like we should disable their B animation at risk of actually losing information in the gameplay cycle.

1 Like