OK, tutor me on how to beat Qhira

Be like me. Stumble upon random forum users while playing!

4 Likes

Hate to say it since you specifically asked for QM, but play draft and ban her.

QM is where Qhira players go to pubstomp currently because she’s hardly ever allowed in draft.

^^^

also lunara. she can’t avoid skillshots quite as easily as tracer, but i’ve found her variable movespeed still helps a lot

if you’re having trouble with your teammates getting caught by her, then yeah, it’s pretty similar to countering butcher. you’ll want CC (use when she reactivates her E) and/or cleanse. blinds are also decent in lowering the damage she can dish out after she engages

1 Like

Play Anduin, and you’ll never have trouble with her ever again.

If she loops around your teammate, D them just a bit before she’s behind them, throw out a root, and she’s 100% dead. You wont miss since you are in control of when she drops from the loop.

Always take lightbomb, she loop you or any teammate? Wait and react to when she activates her loop-stun, then pop lightbomb. Will guarantee she cant follow up her stun, you get a free root after the stun, dead qhira.

At that point, theyre so afraid, they stop even activating their loop, they will be so afraid of you. Enjoy.

Dehaka with Borrow is also a good counter if she swings on him. But i think it’s mostly people who play mages or other low hp heroes who mostly complane about her.

well, wasnt sure about tht :slight_smile: specially as people sometimes have different account on forums from the ones they play in game sometimes too.

Noted btag, will send u invite once im in NA :slight_smile:

Ming does well with her if you play at a high level. Just alt-R your push ult as she comes in to stun you. Then gib her. I didn’t come up with that first though… That was one of the EU GMs. But it works pretty nice.

Did it work? i thought shes unstoppable in this whole revolving sweep including the reactivating when she comes to hit n stun u.

During the first 2 bans of draft mode use one of them on Qhira. Beats her everytime… Never lost to Qhira with this strategy.

3 Likes

i read your thread and with all due respect it really didnt help me.
thats why i made this one, to ask for several people’s concrete advice,
not just the (kinda obscure) opinion of a single person.
but thanks nonetheless!

Any suggestions what do you think that might’ve helped more? I kinda want to improve these kind of threads for the next Hero releases.
What was missing?

what i was missing was specific, practical advice.
if i remember correctly, most of your advice was very general
or on the other hand too niche.
also it wasnt really that helpful for casual players, as it kinda
presumes that you know a lot of things inside out, like builds of certain heroes etc.

its a good thread, but just didnt really help me get to a point where i thought:
hey, now i know a handful of things that can help me overcome my
personal problems with her.

If you’re interested in hero-specific way, just say the Heroes and I try to come up with counter builds/strategies.

But she’s a bounty hunter by lore and by ability-design as well, so if she finds you all alone and can hit you, there’s not much one can do.

yea i got that much from other replies here and this alone already helped me.
i guess maybe your thread is even a little TOO detailed on some things that arent that fundamental, so things like this might get lost between? idk

anyways, like i said earlier i try to play all heroes at least a little, with a certain preference for healers and long range assassins (whitemane, ana, nova, liming, etc)

but ive played more tanks and bruisers now (favs are yrel and blaze) and theyre fantastic against her

-stop standing still against Qhira. Her Q, E and trait are literally just straight line skillshots (or in her Q’s case, a short straight line channel). If she missed them, her ability to do damage, heal and dive immediately vanishes.

-learn to stutterstep when you’re facing off against her as an AA hero.

-don’t be afraid to straight up bait out her abilities. if you get her to waste her Revolving Sweep, she loses her ability to ignore CC and if you get her to waste her Q, she loses a good chunk of damage and ability to self heal.

1 Like

I haven’t read the rest of this thread but here’s what I know

The biggest thing is her swing YOU NEED TO REMEMBER that you control where she is goin ot land, either she swings for a full 2.7 seconds and let’s go or she pulls into melee range of you.
There is a third option to pull away form the swing with grappling hook but the thing is tht leaves her with no mobility for a little under 10 seconds.

NOw if you’ve see nthe Qhira centeric WTF moments you’ll know there are some crazy goofy things you can do to get her on the other side of walls but that’s an exageration of the real counter, all you have to do is take a few seconds to position yourself right against your tank or someone with a decent stun (dosen’t even need to be a big 2 second stun, I’ve accomplished this with a Butch stun.
Suddenly she’s in the middle of a team with no tank to peel without going through your tanks

If you’re fighting her with a 5 assassin team and no CC i’m sorry but you got played by the QM Matchmaker in the same way you would if you were fighting a butch that gets fed.

Edit: You mentioned you play healers with range on their side, I don’t know much but I think it’s worth noting that Anduin’s root can also achieve what I’m talking about about leading her into CC

Move left, right, up, and down. Shutter stepping with basic attacks and abilities. Leave combat around the time you fall well below 50% hp (depending on her talents which you can view at any time). Also don’t chase…

Here is the thread about how to beat her. Its still strong and works right now.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/quira-aint-as-good-as-ppl-think/25506

Can root her. And outheal her dmg.

If she engages with her trait, Ana can sleep her.
Ana can also negate her heal in tfs with her grenade, keep it when she’s low hp.

Nova can block her trait and E with her decoys.

Ming can teleport with her into her team, or keep it to use it as an escape. If you pick Aither Walker at lvl 1, you can dodge Qhira’s openers with Teleport.

But ranged Heroes shouldn’t have that much problems against her, because they can poke and kite her and in tfs, usually they won’t be her target thanks to her melee nature.

I don’t know on what lvl you play, but most Qhiras will probably be overaggressive, so you can bait their E (the circling) near your towers/gates and take her “home”, so she does from structure shots.
And you can poke her on the lane, because she has zero selfsustain (heals) without her W dot on Heroes.