Oh yeah this game has music

i was watching a random hots video earlier and in the video there was this music playing. At first i couldn’t figure out what it was, but after a few seconds i realized that it was the music for this game.

why is hots music so bad? You can pull you music from all of the blizzard franchises and most of the time it ends up being the worst parts of it. or it’s just some generic original stuff.

I really like Opheas theme, and there are definitely some others that are pretty awesome. Too bad there is no way to pick the queue music or ingame background music. (Or the starting screen background, on a sidenote).

It would be nice if they at least had this stuff on their own channel:

11 Likes

This is your 6th thread in the last 24 hours. :thinking:

H-hail? /s

It’s probably the metal guitar sounds, dunno really probably doesn’t fit with the theme of the Nexus, it was this weird sci-fi land now it’s pretty mystical and magical with the new lore.

You can pull them using CASCExplorer and play them in a Windows playlist that you create.

Or just make a Youtube Playlist.

this sounds like generic space sci-fi music tbh.
if i were to put this track over some cinematic from starcraft 2 or just over Stellaris i bet you that it would fit.

i like the WC2 remixes. i believe one plays on BHB and one plays on dragon shire (though that one plays fairly infrequently and i can never seem to find it on the web!)

You main Lucio and just realized this game has music?

9 Likes

Why would anyone listen to the ingame music?
You do not have to like the music turn it off and play your own stuff in the background.

:grin: Problem solved :grin:

1 Like

Impliying Zerg 4 isn’t a master piece.

if i had the ability to just put these on repeat in game i wouldn’t have forgotten

https://giant.gfycat.com/TenderExaltedIndianglassfish.webm

5 Likes

i s a i d i n g a m e

1 Like

Alternative solution until in-game features comes.

Your tastes, your opinions. I find both of yours bad.

7 Likes

Yeah, Orphea Theme is probably my favorite HoTS theme.

3 Likes

zerg / dehaka intro music BEST MUSIC

1 Like

I actually quite enjoy the music from HotS, especially Cursed Hollow.

4 Likes

the esthetics of “music” do vary from person to person, as taste is acquired, but some aspects are also influenced by the function of the music at hand – some is background noise, others create theme or emotional connections to tie with the visual story telling, and a myriad of other stuff. The same sequence of music may be forefront in one instance to be subverted in another as, while some of the influence of music on people is akin to magic, other parts are fairly well known and its not uncommon to see similar tropes for similar devices (like the choice of music used to convey an icy environment) So some of HoTS referential tracks do have a different emphasis because HoTS is a different game – theme of Tristram isn’t here to create the same ambience it had for Diablo’s atmosphere.

Now that said, the basis of your comparison, or rather, what you ‘like’ is demonstrated through Lucio with the examples given of “good” stuff being theme-variations that essentially invert the moving parts, the harmonies, the melodies (etc) of the music in favor of kicking up a synth beat and percussion. Woo, hoo.

On the one hand, while HoTS is either referential with its score, or it breaks down into repetitions of theme and variation, the “bad parts”, as you put it, is not likely the blame on the composition, but on the listener.

Starcraft Terran theme 1

Warhead Junction opening up with Terran theme 1

HotS version does have some change in the timbre on the same instruments (notably the brass) but it also adds to the referential esthetic with the addition of the… harmonica? Exact instrument aside, there’s a sequence the HoTS version has that fills some of the ‘space’ from the Starcraft version and, while i haven’t listened to a comparison of every track from HoTS to its host source, there are other samples that have a similar change, but for time stamp purposes, terran 1 is was the most accessible example for me to use here.

Now the ‘bad’ stuff could be the timbre change as some like the degraded quality or less-than-orchestra type sounds, but the examples given being Lucio-renditions has me more convinced its less an issue of the games music, and more a [your] taste issue.

We move Together as One is just the Lucio version of The Battle Begins and either the whole, or sequences of that make its way into pretty much every map as its essentially the ‘theme’ of the Nexus and I much prefer every version of that repeated to Lucio’s rendition.

3 Likes

Since everyone is posting their favorite musics…

6 Likes

This is X-files music.

Heroes’ music is good. Of all the blizz games, probably the worse, but one of the games has to be.