Nova and Valeera rework concepts

Just two rework concepts from last year that I recently decided to update and tweak.

Nova
https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/nova-8190

Valeera
https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/valeera-8367

1 Like

For Nova:

Off the top of my head… dominate looks way too powerful. Unless you mean nova has to get the killing blow, which I think is also problematic.

And decoy not being able to do lethal damage seems wonky given that Lethal Decoy does not remove that limiter. But that is an easy fix.

Also seems like precision strike upgrade at 20 should have a cap of how low CD can go. Seems like instantly double using it and having it off CD would be rare, but possible.

Scouting visor “standing still” part might be too powerful.

1 Like

That should fix it.

That was the idea. Decoys should either be used for setting up kills or getting away from dangerous situations, not securing kills and getting out of dangerous situations.

Each charge has its own cooldown, and each charge only reduces its own cooldown, so spamming it won’t be possible without hitting at least 3 heroes with each time. The idea is that using your PS well should be rewarded more, as landing it on 3 heroes at once resets the cooldown.

That being said, I do think being able to spam it on Mosh Pit may be a bit much, so I’ve limited the CDR down to a 5 second minimum.

Then you’ll be glad to hear I decided not to include detection to that effect.

Also, I don’t think that’s all that strong. And it gives her a bit of a recon role, which is the main reason I included it.

1 Like

Might make it to weak, but always can buff it later.

Or maybe just make it have a limited number of non-mercenaries that you can have it used on at once. Although that gets complex.

I hear you, but lethal decoy sounds like maybe it should be able to, well… be lethal.
Just seems at odds with the talent, and could lead to odd edge cases where you miss it because you accidentally attacked before lethal decoy did/etc.

As a baseline change I think it is a very good idea.

I believe the ability goes on cool down before it lands, currently. Not sure how you could make it not do so unless it was a weird channel that ended after it landed.

Not sure if the model you describe is currently possible in game.

But with a limit on how much it’s cool down can be decreased it becomes a non-issue regardless!

To me still sound strong, but it would reward better players, and I do not think it would be abusive (even if it did reveal) regardless.

1 Like

It’s actually still better than her current Covert Ops talent, which doesn’t have the passive 1 per 5 sec. stack generation and can’t be used to convert minions.

That’s a fair point. I’ll change that talent.

I must have missed the passive generation.

I am more worried about it being stronger than posession.

Different heroes are indeed different, but posession seems the kind of thing Slyv. should have the best version of.

1 Like

I wanted to dabble at least a little bit with Nova’s psionic capabilities, and I think this is the best way to do it without overhauling her kit and giving her new basic abilities.

Possession is still stronger than Dominate for converting minions, as it only takes 1 charge to convert a minion (3 for catapults) and she gets 1 every 8 seconds, meaning she can convert a single catapult every 24 seconds, or once every minion wave.

Nova has to clear at least 3 waves or get at least 2 hero kills before she can Dominate a catapult. Dominate’s strength would come in its versatility. You can store more charges and convert more enemies at once, it just takes longer to build that up.

1 Like

Ah, the numbers have changed a lot since I first saw them.

First I saw 40 stacks total, 4 for a minion, 10 for a merc. With 1 gained per minion kill and 5 for hero kill.

I think as is (100 stacks total, 10 for minion, 25 for merc/catapult) it is reasonable.

1 Like

I like the Valeera changes. An actual subtlety build becomes possible, albeit not fully until 20, but understandable. All of her CC is in stealth. Spy Games is an interesting concept. Allows her to check bushes and camps much more safer. Not sure if I’d pick it up over the other three options.

I immediately saw multiple build possibilities, so I’d say your goal of the rework for her was successful. Not drastic changes, but significant enough to open up paths for her.

1 Like