Not a Starcraft Hero

That’s their draw.

I think that they’ve done a great job differentiating the four protoss we have. I don’t think that’s sustainable, though. I see like, two or three more protoss tops ever. You cannot tell me StarCraft could possibly sustain the same release cycle Warcraft has had while still keeping things fresh and having plenty of big names in reserve. I mean, match each new Warcraft release character-weight by character-weight, and keep things equally diverse. You can’t.

Yes, StarCraft deserves a new hero. StarCraft will get a new hero when it gets a new hero, though. Complaining about “another Warcraft hero” is reductive and pointless.

3 Likes

Considering current state of the game - yes.

SC doesn’t need to have WC’s release schedule. It’d be sustainable with the one it had before. Especially now that releases in general have slowed down, so you’re stretching out the time between releases even more.

which wasn’t actually that much to begin with anyways

1 Like

I’m not saying this is right (so I’m also saying that you’re approach is also “wrong” = subjective), but to me, SC Heroes are the bland ones.
Protoss are cyborg space wizards and that’s all.
Terrans are all human warfare.
Zerg are just insects with goo.

Every franchise can be simplified if you don’t like it.
I’d say those are not true. But even if they are, ppl want those simple designs as well.

Sure, you don’t like Garrosh and Zul cuz “axe”. But Garrosh’s kit is one of the best imo. That throw, is as fun and cool as Qhira’s sweeping or Medivh’s Portal.

3 Likes

It’s not like they have a choice. It’s not like we’ve had thirty-five heroes since Fenix; we’ve had twelve. And six of those were all in 2018. It is a long gap, but it’s largely because of the schedule.

Take a look at 2017 - there was a gap of seven heroes between Valeera and Garrosh… and a time gap of six months. It’s not that different, we’re just watching it in slow motion now.

1 Like

To me this sound way better than humanoid character swinging a weapon but I agree the dev them did a terrible job with some heroes like Nova, she is just G U N. Imagine a marine being more unique than a secret elite agent.

Artanis feels too simple and boring to be honest but that fits the character to well.

2 Likes

Just be glad this game isn’t completely forgotten and at least there is some development.

2 Likes

To you. To me?.. Honestly, I don’t like modern or scifi fantasy that much.
Medieval is my liking. Swords, bows, axes, magic.
I still really like SC Heroes, because the kit doesn’t care about stuff like that. I mean we have skins that turn “tolkinien” characters into scifi ones and vice versa.
I don’t care if my Hero just dances with swords, shoots guns or cast spells if they’re fun to play.

1 Like

Stukov: HAND
Hanzo: BOW
Li Ming: ORB
Ragnaros: FIRE

You could probably sum up half the roster like this. I don’t think it is a Warcraft exclusive thing.

3 Likes

I also just realized what an unfair comparison that is. Zeratul, Artanis, and Alarak are just W R I S T-S W O R D. They all have the exact same weapons.

Because throwing dual axes and slamming a single axe into the ground are the same thing. Obviously.

1 Like

At the end, is just the same as the pineapple on pizza thread over and over again, isn’t it?

It’s all about personal preferences.

I hate Ganzo, i’ll not defend that hideus thing, ming is meh but stukov is not just hand, he is also virus.

Ragnarous seems simple but he is super unique. He is meteors, kaiju, lava and hammer.

Look at this guy, defending three heroes that just hit people with lazor swords and do nothing else. Talk about bad designs.

Look at this guy, completing ignoring how i defend good designs (from WC) while I accept how bad are some designs from my favorite franchise. What a joke.

2 Likes

By your logic, Genji is the best designed hero aesthetically. He has shuriken, kunai, a short sword, a katana, cybernetic enhancements, and spirit dragons. That’s way more weapons than any StarCraft hero. Ergo, coolest hero :sunglasses:

Well, he is. Also he is very fun to play. Overwatch has really good characters.

That’s one thing Overwatch has over StarCraft.

I’m poking buttons now. Your argument is very silly.

Well it’s not Overmind but it’s… something I guess. Something is better than no new contents at all. And who knows, maybe we’ll get some buffs and cool event skins for SC heroes.

And you are behacing like a kid. I thought you would be more mature to have a good talk but seems not. What a disapointment.

1 Like

Oh please. I’m just wondering how Zul’jin throwing axes is a bad design.