No weather in stormleague

The weather is a joke. Even the infamous rain, I can barely notice it. It’s actually hilarious that people made such a big deal of it.

It doesn’t make a difference until it makes a huge difference.

1 Like

It is a joke alright, Vikings are already overtuned after getting Nordish Attack Squad that you can easily attack move together into any other hero except maybe Malthael, Whitemane or Sonya and go idle while they struggle to do anything.

Against their sprint ability escape is already almost impossible and the lightning shield effect that applies to each of them individually is an overkill to their obnoxiousness in both 1v1 situations and when it comes to map domination.

Sure, these weather effects are not not active on demand and are mostly random, but if anyone knows how to correctly utilise it, it’s the TLV player.

2 Likes

I…

Agree. This the kinda anomaly that would feel right at home in brawl and is tolerable in quick match but it causes all kinds of problems in a competitive setting.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that make sense to actually keep this in draft modes as long as you make the effect predictable in power and timing of effect?
Not like you don’t know which map has which effect and you can actually draft heroes who benefit or are less impacted by it.

1. you didn’t.
  2. I suspect it will happen anyways.
  3. it won’t happen for a week or two because of a new hero being out and seasonal questlines.

Personally, I’ll be finishing the questline, probably my next day off, and not play before brawl afterwards. And likely just 3 games/chest per week until it is changed as I describe here:

1 Like

I did. I made a thread. The playerbase responded they would not quit.

I usually don’t care enough to write in forums but this guy is right.
It’s like you are turning every game mod to a brawl mod.
This weather effect thing is very unnecessary and annoying.
I always play versus ai and even i didn’t like this.

1 Like

I would say with a good reason (just like the other 2 times). Balance is a very important part. And anything hurting this should get known and fixed fast.

1 day is often enough to indicate major issues (the PTR is unreliable as source due to less players and no real competetive spirit). Sure, you cant fully judge balance as people have to adjust (and mei isnt helping at this part either).

But, the other 2 times there were balance concerns aswel. And they did create some issues (especialy the tower changes due to some unlogical attack patterns. But outside of that, most players were not suffering from these at all, their general playstyle was mostly preserved.

But note, the XP changes currently are still being a problem for abathur and vikings (yes, good players can compensate. and the balance changes assisted that, but it took quite some time to even apply these). And for some heroes instant tower agro does hinder their effectiveness. Its not like these 2 changes went perfectly.

But they are stable, you can adjust to these changes acros all maps equaly. That is important for learning reasons.

Changing the field every few minutes is a very hazard thing as it can cause a hero to be OP during a few minutes, and then UP a few minutes after (lunara’s DoT can be an example, as the out of combat shield can negate its effect, even though you could otherwise have drafted her very well by having barely any counters to it). This makes a good draft unrewarding, and a bad draft even more problematic. And then we ignored QM… realy, its a bad system.

And yes, the timer is static and well announced. But as you generaly dont have exact influences on timestamps of teamfights happening, these moments of change can appear very random during a fight.

There was a reason why the bloodlust brawl was a brawl. That brawl already proved enough that you dont want such randomness during regular play. And sure, at that time it might have been real randomness, but that shows exactly what happens during teamfights. People dont constantly watch the timer anyway.

You realy dont want to make bronze/silver even more random than it is now already. It makes escaping that hell even more difficult for players. Sure, if you can use the boost in your advantage it makes it easier, but it can backfire just as much: your teammates might ignore it and die because of it (which is very likely).

2 Likes

Can they at least make the visuals be something that can be toggled? I’ve discovered too many people are running potatoes to the point that they can’t play during a fight. My PC can handle it but I do see that it is taking up more resources than normal now. But more than anything there are too many with really bad PCs that its becoming frustrating to see some guys just outright lag out.

2 Likes

None of you supported me when I cried for devs to make it non-ranked or any modifications like brawl only. None of you said you’d quit over it. Now take what is owed to you all (the anomaly)

A trial in QM/UR/Brawl would be more appropriate first. But TBH so far I’ve only had snow which didn’t really change anything except I guess as LEO sitting invisible in weird spots.

You can soak more safely as Abathur.
and my understanding is that it takes less micro to safely gather exp as TLV. But I could be wrong on that one.

The only issue with Abathur and exp globes are how leash range is handed with symbiote on buildings. Which is functioning correct, but feels weird.

An attempt to rally the playerbase is not simply making a thread.

And this kind of tone is why I stand by my comment that you did not try to rally the playerbase. Well, not in any meaningful way.

If there was a megathread with hundreds of supports (majority of the forum) under one banner, that’d give a strong message to the devs. Not playing would also send a strong message. What we have here is players crying but still playing tons. Not even reduced, but still playing as normal. There’s gonna be multiple threads instead of all the complainers going into one big megathread

no thanks! i only play aram and i consider this junk to be nothing but a nuisance.
detrimental to enjoyment.

this junk seems pretty unanimously hated by everyone.

so it’d be good is blizz would just go ahead and remove it.

4 Likes

:smiley: ok, so after a dozen games, I hate the weather even more than I hate the exp globes.

Lucky for me, I didn’t touch SL yet and hope I wont touch it.

Shield is obnoxious, played against poor Guldan who used Q, got my shield down, my shield got back, he used Q again… and so on.

Also played Mei and Garrosh, used ultimate, suddenly enemies got sudden boost of movement speed and evaded them easily.

The weather may be every 2 minutes, but the effect is still at random times.

I really hope they remove it from SL, I dont think its too much to ask for.
I seriously don’t want to play with RNG elements in SL which really may cause you to lose a fight because of sudden something.

1 Like

I bet the people complaining don’t even use the stealth. I haven’t seen one person use the stealth in any of my games. Literally just mount in a bush and by the time you’re mounted, you’re in stealth.

1 Like

Even though it’s a buff to everybody, different heroes get more benefit out of it.

I just landed a 5-man Mosh yesterday and won a team fight, because I was in stealth and could walk up without enemy realizing. It felt good, yes, but I have to admit it also felt extremely unfair.

2 Likes

i highly doubt that they would add a toggle option. as it was already requested for something else which is the Mastery Rings and never happened so i doubt they would add it for the weather effects.

2 Likes