No weather in stormleague

Please remove the weather event from Storm League

I know more players then not play the game for fun, even in storm league, but there is a small portion of players who enjoy the competitive aspects too. Something great about HOTS is there is no “pro” circuits, so its not over the top competitive, but there are still some really good competitive players that play Storm League.

I just want to enjoy the competitive game, weather effects is not fun, it’s very much just a nuisance. I understand a lot of people might enjoy them, and i dont want the hard work to go to waste, but lets keep it out of ranked play.

Seems like a good compromise – casual play can enjoy the seasonal weather anomaly, more competitive players don’t have to.

29 Likes

why stop at storm league. Just keep it in brawl and make the effect random and changing every activiation.

20 Likes

I personally would agree, but i don’t want people who enjoy them to go with out. It seems fair to compromise at QM/Brawl - keep weather. UR/SL - none.

4 Likes

Once again people is whining about something that is not even 1 day old.

3 Likes

Should any anomaly really be present in ranked play until they’ve decided without a doubt that it’s a strong mechanic that benefits the game…?

17 Likes

It’s a very brawl thing. I wanted something fun for this anomaly, but this isn’t it.

Excellent point, I’d like you if I was allowed. :heart:

8 Likes

I’ll like you and we’ll call it even.
I mean, maybe anomalies can just be brawls too…

I don’t know, this weather one seems a bit bleh
But ones that are meant to be actualbalance changes to the game that we intend to keep if they work as intended (IE the last two) I think they should bei n Storm League,
It’s important to see how changes like that impact draft play… and since UR is barren. Yup

as usual… not even giving it a chance PLEASE REMOVE IT IT’S RUINING THE GAME MODE :sob: jesus christ this is so annoying

3 Likes

If they want to help queue times, at this point I think URD should be deleted.

I agree too that this anomaly shouldn’t be in ranked. It doesn’t seem so bad in QM, but a coordinated team in SL could easily turn this to their advantage over a random solo queue team.

I’m not one to really talk about this as I haven’t even seen it and won’t see it for another week (Nexomania might have urged me back but I’m sticking to my original promise just to prove to myself I have the will!))

2 Likes

You’re very kind, very emblematic of a Raynor avatar my friend. Thank you! :smiley:

I appreciate something new, but the weather effects are causing me to lag in game. I never had a problem before.

6 Likes

Do you not play on the PTR? It’s been out for over a week.

I don’t find it fun, does anyone enjoy it?

No one plays on the PTR I am actually shocked its still around. I cant even find matches on the PTR any more and am forced to just use try mode or VS AI with AI teammates. its kinda sad.

they need to just remove it entirely . these acts of desperation they call anomalies do not help the game

Us few dont like x so keep it out of ranked and let qm and brawl have it. This belief is getting out of hand.

Seriously, what the does your competitive play have to do with anything? People bring up they play ranked and are competitive like it carries weight. “I dont like a change AND i play competitive ranked so seriously reconsider changes i dont like” :joy:

The game should be as uniform as possible. The tass rework, the tower changes, the weather changes, the anomoly xyz should all go in all modes. The smallest portion of the hots community has no business trying to customize patches and changes. Any player should be able to play any mode and expect a similar experience.

2 Likes

Can’t do that when I tried to rally the playerbase to boycott to show solidarity towards a bad thing but nope. People still gonna play so must’ve been acceptable to have this anomaly

That wouldn’t be fair to those who don’t like the anomaly but play QM/ARAM as their main mode either.

It should be treated like any other anomaly, either put in all game modes or thrown away entirely.

naaahh weather effects in stormleague is fine, dont be too dramactic