No sound in game in heroes of the storm

Recently all sound just stopped in game, may have been an update on my laptop, but not sure what caused it, assistance?

1 Like

I was fine yesterday. This just happened to me upon starting the game today.
Edit: also affecting starcraft 2

ya, same… it works, occasionally, but for the most part it doesn’t, opened it up today and it was working, few hours later, nothing… but mines only localized to heroes, but haven’t tested it with SC2, no issues anywhere else on the computer…

Same here, no sound and I changed nothing, tried to uninstall and install back again and other things but nothing work.

Same problem here. Started a few days ago. Sometimes will work after a restart of computer but today even that stopped working. Have tried every possible troubleshooting recommendation from googling this as it is quite difficult to play with no sound.

I don’t understand why this works, but it works for me atleast. I open a web browser and start a video. If I get audio, I pause it, and boot the game. I have sound. Like I said tho, it makes ZERO sense.

2 Likes

This did not work for me but in the spirit of hope, what web browser did you use lol - I’ll try anything…

Exactly the same problem, exactly the same workaround, exactly the same confusion…

Mozilla. and in the interest of possibly getting it to work for you too, the vid site I used was aniwave .to

spaced because of bs trust level…

I’ve had the same problem this last week. Heroes can’t identify any output devices for sound, the only option available there is Default. It’s really strange because Voice Chat can use the devices perfectly
Like Moysa says, there is a workaround. Running a video on youtube, twitch or just any other computer program playing sound before launching the game makes Heroes realise you have sound outputs. Maybe keep it running while it’s launching, just in case.
Restarting the game/computer doesn’t fix it and neither did updating/reinstalling drivers.

1 Like

YES Mozilla Firefox WORKED thank you so much! Google chrome did not work for me at least. Firefox + twitch with a stream playing sound as I loaded hots worked for me.

Same problem as mentioned in the post above - when sound isn’t working it only shows “default” in the drop down. When it does work, it lists other options.

Hopefully this is enough the tech team can fix so we don’t keep having to do the work around!

Thanks all good teamwork.

Just a note for whatever Blizz employee spots this thread, this issue is also affecting Starcraft 2. Same exact problem, same workaround.

Don’t like that work arounds are necessary, but, i’ll take it… btw, don’t pause the youtube vid, keep it running while the game is loading, and it kicks in, if the youtube is paused, it doesn’t always work… appreciate the assist, seems actibliz is asleep at the wheel for the cause, and commenting on posts…

thanks for figuring it out! it works for me too!

by the way, a few days ago i noticed, that my sound driver (realtek) / options has changed → i always used the windows equalizer (to turn down the bass), and suddenly it did not work anymore and when i checked, the option to enable equalizer was gone. Even though i never updated my sound driver or changed it in any way…

but thats just a possibility, maybe someone has a similar case

I lost all my sound and I have no idea how that happened (all the other apps’ sound works).

With the latest patch the sound disappeared.

same here. adjusting sound settings, scan and repair, uninstall and reinstall, none of it works to give any sound in game.

Is there any solution to this? I don’t have any sounds, but voice chat works perfectly. And I checked default devices, everything is set properly.