No Sound in any Blizzard game (heros of the storm and diablo 3)

I have no sound in any blizzard game I go to (heros of the storm or diablo 3). I have checked my sound mixer to see if there are any mutes as well as gone into the details to see if there are any mutes there as well. I have also updated my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled both battlenet launcher and heros several times, ran a scan through battlenet launcher for heros, checked my in game sound settings, restarted my PC several times and I still can seem to fix the issue. my game sound was working fine last night. I use my turtle beaches and did not have to download any software to use them and I am using windows 10. I’m at a loss and not sure what else to do. has anyone had this problem?

1 Like

Do you have Sonic Studio or MSI Nahimic installed? Both of these can cause audio issues with our games and so we’d recommend removing them if you have them.

1 Like

I do have MSI Nahimic. I do have sound on WOW just not D3 or HoT. I uninstalled Nahimic and still I have no sound on D3 or HoT.

I have the same problem with my Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

1 Like

I found out that for some reason my realtex audio was disable. Try to re-enable it and the sound should be back.

so after reading many forms and trying for the past couple days to figure this out I think I have found a solution. I went into the sound options in the game and noticed that the sound has been changed to 7.1 for some reason. in HoT I can’t change the option it says to go to the sound control to change it. however, when I go to sound control to change it, it’s set to stereo. I was able to get into D3 and change the option to stereo and I got my sound back. however, in heros of the storm I cant change the option to stereo and still have no sound. i’m almost certain that’s why I have no sound in heros. I just cant figure out how to change the settings in the game and like I said the setting in my sound control are set to stereo. my Realtek is enabled I just checked. the issue is not being able to change the in game option to stereo in Heros isn’t recognizing that the sound is set for stereo in my sound control.

2 Likes

Try disabling all sound outputs not in use. Open Sound and go to the Playback tab and disable all devices except the device you are using. Make sure spatial sound is disabled for any playback devices you use. Heroes of the Storm should now be forced to use that playback device.

so I disabled everything then reenabled Realtek and got it to change to stereo and still no sound. i’m not if maybe I hit something ( not ctrl s ) but for instance if I go to a random announcer or voice line I cant click play anymore either as well as there still being no sound what so ever. use to I could click play and listen to the announcer or voice line and press pause mid line now I can no longer click play at all also after exiting heros and then logging back in it has changed back to 7.1 so I found this issue. I went through some more forums and discovered someone that had the same issue. I went through my control panel and uninstalled “Nahimic VR” restarted the PC got back into Heros and the sound was back on. I hope this helps anyone else that comes across this issue.

1 Like

I have this same problem only I have no Nahimic VR in my control panel.

Had the same issue. Uninstalling Sonic Studio worked for me. Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like