Next Hero after Orphea?

To be fair at his magnitude, he may just be a map or announcer, though it may be possible to be a hero.

Loa can be killed and corrupted by regular mortals, as was seen in the interaction of Xul and Rezan, as well as with the ice trolls. I think his power is comparable to the Lich King, which already holds a spot in the game.

1 Like

Its hard to compare Bwonsamdi’s power to the Lich King since Bwonsmadi has allegedly lived before the trolls, suggesting that he may been 10X or up to Hundreds of times more powerful than LK by just being a Loa alone. Though he has someone more powerful than him that rules him, he still is clever and tricky.

While is much older, it is not the best way to determine power. He was oftentimes compared in power to other Loas, and many Loas were also ancient. Yet, when push came to shove, almost every Loa in WoW has been sacrificed or defeated by mortals. In the new raid, Bwonsamdi is even going to be a tangential boss fight, so I don’t think his power is unrealistically strong to put into the game.

We defeated Old Gods(though not killed), the Avatar of Sargeras and Aggramar, and even Rezan(probably powerful as Bwonsamdi or mroe pwoerful) with jsut 5 people!

Ragnaros was around before Kalimdor even existed! And he’s in the game, so I don’t see the problem (I have no idea how Raggy compares to others in terms of power, or “magnitude” as you put it).

Honestly, if there was such a thing as a character being “too powerful” to b a Hero of the Storm, then Murky, the Lost Vikings, and arguably some (if not all) of the Terran heroes should be “too weak” to include.

“Loa” is just what trolls call any kind of spiritual being. Their gods are Loa, but so are their floating tiki masks.

The title of Loa alone does not give you any guess to their power level. Bwonsamdi for his part seems to be much closer to an actual god than most of the animal based Loa

Ragnaros, Diablo, Murky, Azmodan, Kerrigan, Mephisto, and Arthas are all unimaginably OP in their home universe, and are no stronger than other heroes here. You just nerf him. Not to mention, Yogg-Saron, Baal, Amon, Sargeras, and Deathwing are all semi-frequently requested heroes, all of which I’d put way above Bwonsamdi.

Although, that said, I’d prefer Hakkar the Soulflayer as our first Loa. He’s a badass, and has quite a bit of infamy even outside of this community.

2 Likes

When Rag was fought, he was either recently summoned or had something happen that also weakened him.( Bound by Cenarius)

I like Hakkar, but Bwonsamdi has a stage presence that Hakkar lacks.

Hakkar can kill you and consume your soul. Bwonsamdi can do it in style.

1 Like

Perhaps, but Hakkar also has the visual edge by a country mile. Bwonsamdi looks cool, but he’s not Quetzalcoatl with scythes for hands.

1 Like

Nice Aztec reference.

How about an obscure WoW character like Mankrik?

Blizzard needs to re-focus their efforts on what the community wants with these new cuts to the workforce.

1. Deathwing
  2. Imperius
  3. Anduin
1 Like

There are many great heroes but it’s now time for releasing famous Grom Hellscream. He should say “i can wait no longer!” and jump into the Nexus portal already. He is redeemer of the Orcs after all. Why not to be redeemer of Hots in these dark times? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

In light of the current “developments” in Blizz (or should I say Activision), the next hero will be either Mr.Nobody or Mirage… literally. :genie: :palm_tree:

Given the recent news around Hots I would have to think that they’re going to reach into the “Oh sh*t!” bag of heroes.

Imperius, Deathwing, Mannoroth, Lady Vash’j, Reaper, Reinhardt.

They’ve already started digging into their bag of “Oh sh*t!” skins. Janitor Leroic, any Dehaka skin, etc.

As much as the recent news is bad, it may end up being a great thing for us players through getting heroes we’ve wanted for a long time.

2 Likes

I feel that we need more Diablo and Overwatch characters, add the rest of the Angirus Council, Etherial, Imperius and more notable Diablo characters, also the Demon lords. Reinhardt, Sombra an Mercy would be wonderful.

His trailer could be him charging through the Dark Portal into the Nexus, but with a pack of Draenish Orcs/ Fel orc skins as a pack.

If Deathwing is going to be in this game, it’s going to be in the form of a Brightwing skin.

3 Likes