News flash for anyone still around

…this is an actual game?! Whom do I throw my money at to make this happen?!

I will make all the Wumpus’ mine.

Idk what a Wumpus is, but soon it’ll be mine.

6 Likes

sounds like you agree and made your own list

reading comprehension fail

1 Like

Someone said (I can’t remember if it was Nox or some reddit/forum dude) that there’s a high chance of getting placed in Plat/Dia 5 by just luckily winning your first 4-5 placement matches. I’m not sure if this is indeed true, but I do find it interesting.

1 Like

I present to you exhibit A in the argument for bringing back the down vote system.

6 Likes

12 days ago:

Somebody apparently doesn’t come on the forums much, but it isn’t them. Yeesh.

3 Likes

oh boy 1 post every few months from 1 developer.

Cynicism does seem to be one of the safe places to go when one has said something that is absolutely, factually, and demonstrably incorrect, yes. This was a very valiant attempt to save face on your part. Bravo!

(By the way, it falls down completely when you realize that a completely different developer did another large post in February, which is a difference of less than two months, but oh, well. It’s probably too hard to look at the stickies.)

I dunno who you’re kidding. They are WAY more active on Reddit on responding.

And while I would love to be proven wrong, I suspect they spend far more time on reddit reading than here. In part because Reddit has more posts/topics/etc made (as I understand it is more active).

But I suspect even if you look at “time spent to posts/content made” Reddit outpaces this forum by a massive amount.

Its a text based game written for console computers in the early 80’s it was written in Basic and published in a magazine called creative computing that would publish 1 or 2 games in their magazine every month along with pretty deep articles about computing in general. Getting it to run on my TRS-80 was the most fun I had at that time.

2 Likes

So? They’re posting here. Claiming they don’t is silly.

1 post every 20-30 days in a non-interactive way with the community is hardly close to the interactive far more frequent posting in reddit.

1 Like

Not going to lie I have to agree with your statements about the dev team. I’d be more inclined to disagree but every post I see on Reddit just doesn’t count in my eyes. Especially as an old WoW player. I know what it’s like when Blizzards dev team actually wants to interact with their community.

There was a reddit thread about someone ‘beating the game’ by getting all the roster to lv 15+ gold ringed. Then a member of the dev team followed up with their own screen shot with everyone also gold ringed and lv 15+. Most were over lv 30.

Some devs do appear to play quite a lot.

Getting it to run on an HP-41C was as much fun.

1 Like

You really need to be in denial to believe that hots devs don’t listen to the community.

Sure, we don’t see a lot of blue posts, but a lot of changes in the last year has been highly requested changes from here or reddit.

They play the game, but probably not always the same way that most players. It part of their jobs and their are probably testing a lot of thing that we might never play on the live server. The balance if the game they play must be different than ours.

1 Like

You’re arguing something other than what I was responding to (I’ve requoted it as a reminder). They do still come to the forums.

Why is this a news flash? I feel like I’m looking at a post from 3 years ago.

the merge is the final nail. The gameplay is atrocious. Organized teams using lower level mmr teammates to stomp random 5s. Its a disaster.

You’re joking right?

1. Yes, they managed to make an event
  2. Silver player and master in one team. They chose the worst possible option, so it’s better if they did nothing.
  3. They worked two years on a new class system. Very long, too long.
  4. This should work from the very beginning since the HOTS 2.0 update came.
1 Like