*News: "Disney Investor Thinks Company Should Buy Activision Blizzard". What would happen to HotS if Disney buys Activision Blizzard?

I agree, that is why we should kick Orphea out of HoTS. She has a terrible backstory, no previous Blizzard game, and caters to disturbing obsessions.

OK, the way you worded it made me think you didn’t want anyone else not from the 4 major universe.

I could see there being some fun Disney themed skin pairings, Lil Li as Lilo and Stitches as Stitch!

1 Like

I do think that lol, but I’m perfectly okay with heroes not from those 4 games also because they are also from Blizzard. What I’m not okay with are heroes from anyone but Blizzard.

That would be fun. There’s so much they can come up with.

2 Likes

Can’t be worse than Acti-Blizz.

Disney is easily one of the richest and most successful organizations on the planet with a ton of financial resources.

They’d probably love nothing more than to tap into the Esports market, meaning they’d likely sink some resources into games like HoTs and Overwatch.

2 Likes

Activision Blizzard is for sale?

Spiderman is the next Hots heroes release.

Did I call it this time?

I like your thinking!

2 Likes

Ree all you want, I still think the chaacter interactions would be worth it.

Orphea is a blizard creation though
Like obviously? Her creation is pride from the HOTS Dev’s, they aren’t just the loveletter to Blizzard they are their own team of the company too and that’s why we got Orphea.

6 Likes

Sometimes creations are monsters in one way or the other. The best way to deal with a monster created for unsavory urges is purification by fire.

There are already concepts for them! http://i.imgur.com/oAvHJhN.jpg

You see a monster I see a perfectly valid and well made hero.

5 Likes

Something innocent can be turned in to a monster through the dark obsessions of other monsters. This is the sad story of the hero that should have never been.

“Hero that should never have been?”

That is your opinion, I for one am happy for Orphea’s inclusion, HOTS isn’t just the missmash of Blizard games, it’s a blizzard game in it’s own rite

5 Likes

From the HoTS wiki:

Heroes of the Storm is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and macOS, which released on June 2, 2015. The game features heroes from Blizzard’s franchises including Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, The Lost Vikings, and Overwatch.

I don’t see HoTS listed there and it is indicative of why she doesn’t belong.

The wiki is fan ran doofus, dosen’t matter what they put up there.
If They consider HOTS itself a Blizzard franchise then I say good on them. And you can go shove it cus they agree with me in this regard obviously

Also

1. It says heroes so does that mean we shouldn’t Have Diablo or any of the demon lords in the game? Does that mean the Starcraft fans should never ask for a Hybrid hero? Should the warcraft fans never ask for anything connected to the Old Gods?

And there’s also the word including which is open ended (good thing too cus I know many a people want rock’n’roll racer))

4 Likes

Yes! I’m always sad to hear that HotS is just a game about other Blizard games (yes, it wouldn’t have existed without other Blizzard games) but it’s a Blizzard game itself with its own dev team! And i know that the devs have always wanted to make Nexus original heroes, but they were afraid that many people won’t like their ideas and prefer characters from other Blizzard games. But now the chance of getting another Nexus-born hero is really low. Now they HAVE TO make highly anticipated heroes that the “fans” want in order to keep the game “alive”, not the heroes that they WANT TO make like in the old days. (They said that they want to make Kyle Blackthorne but because he’s not well-known, they can’t make him (yet))

5 Likes

It is a shame yes,
Honestly if I was this dev team I’d be doing 2 things

1. Find a way to increase margains in some way without being predatory
  2. Rebalance and try to perfect the game as best I can

Both of these elements for 1 simple purpose, getting the game ready for a rebranding and ready to pitch as a “new and exciting experience” to be revealed at Blizzcon to pull people back wih a big reveal.

1 Like

Don’t bother, he is trying to “police” the forums without real authority and force his own values onto others in an attempt to ruin the game and its forums. The more you argue the more the thread will be ruined with his additional posts. I learned to just ignore him.

5 Likes

You missed something from the wiki: "While the Nexus mainly selects characters from the three major Blizzard franchises, the future will see the Nexus drawing in characters from lesser-known franchises, or even from “Nexus realms” entirely outside of Blizzard’s existing repertoire." :wink:

5 Likes

Ah okie I follow, I think I made a good piece to end the convo on anyway thank you

5 Likes