*News: "Disney Investor Thinks Company Should Buy Activision Blizzard". What would happen to HotS if Disney buys Activision Blizzard?

Yes! I’m always sad to hear that HotS is just a game about other Blizard games (yes, it wouldn’t have existed without other Blizzard games) but it’s a Blizzard game itself with its own dev team! And i know that the devs have always wanted to make Nexus original heroes, but they were afraid that many people won’t like their ideas and prefer characters from other Blizzard games. But now the chance of getting another Nexus-born hero is really low. Now they HAVE TO make highly anticipated heroes that the “fans” want in order to keep the game “alive”, not the heroes that they WANT TO make like in the old days. (They said that they want to make Kyle Blackthorne but because he’s not well-known, they can’t make him (yet))

5 Likes

It is a shame yes,
Honestly if I was this dev team I’d be doing 2 things

1. Find a way to increase margains in some way without being predatory
  2. Rebalance and try to perfect the game as best I can

Both of these elements for 1 simple purpose, getting the game ready for a rebranding and ready to pitch as a “new and exciting experience” to be revealed at Blizzcon to pull people back wih a big reveal.

1 Like

Don’t bother, he is trying to “police” the forums without real authority and force his own values onto others in an attempt to ruin the game and its forums. The more you argue the more the thread will be ruined with his additional posts. I learned to just ignore him.

5 Likes

You missed something from the wiki: "While the Nexus mainly selects characters from the three major Blizzard franchises, the future will see the Nexus drawing in characters from lesser-known franchises, or even from “Nexus realms” entirely outside of Blizzard’s existing repertoire." :wink:

5 Likes

Ah okie I follow, I think I made a good piece to end the convo on anyway thank you

5 Likes

You’re welcome. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Well that isn’t very kind. I am sorry my opinion bothers you so much.

What someone considers a hero is subjective. How do we know Diablo isn’t the true hero of his universe? :smiley:

Making heroes the fans want instead of the developers is a smart business decision.

Yup, that’s true, i know. But still, it’s sad that the devs can’t make the heroes they want anymore. :disappointed_relieved:

Nice! I just hope they don’t go too overboard lol

1 Like

That is slanderous and uncalled for. I should use the tools the forum provides to ensure this type of behavior isn’t normalized. Oh wait, those tools are useless and ineffective! I guess it’s the wild west around here partner.

Looks likes this fan wants Orphea.

There will always be minorities.

Me too! I love Orphea and i want more Nexus-born heroes (and i know that a lot of people do, too). But it’s unlikely to happen in the near future, sadly! :(:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

HOTs could very well return to the limelight if the Devs can get it ready for a rebranding and get a really big hero ready for a Blizz Con Release (big… wink wink))
If that happens we might very well see more Nexus Originals

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind them, they just need to make sense. Seeing as Orphea is the daughter of the Raven Lord, who is in a few maps, her being in the game makes sense.

However I would be interested in a separate game based on the Nexus. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Making an Orphea game instead of WC4, D4, or SC3 is actually pretty likely given Blizzard’s disastrous course.

Can you take your hate for Orphea somewhere else? Who knows if that game will be a success or not? No one because it hasn’t happened yet. If you don’t like her, don’t play her. Simple as that.

7 Likes

Speaking of smart buiness decisions, they should add more Overwatch heroes. Overwatch gets far more eyes on this game than any other franchise. Just check the HotS YouTube page.

3 Likes

We are all entitled to our opinions on the HoTS General Discussion forum. If my opinion offends you then too bad. I am not obligated to acquiesce to your own opinion just because my own does not match yours.

I would take every OW hero in OW before another barfed up trainwreck like Orphea.

The fact he’s continuing would classify him as a troll at this point, do stop responding please