New Teaser is Up! A New Hero?

If you want to claim Rakanishu to be a female human(oid), ok.

2 Likes

INB4 female Medivh skin.

1 Like

I kind of want to see Delia and Verick, the Lady of Thornā€™s children.
But I donā€™t think it is them.
Doesnā€™t look like Queen Nightshade either.

Could they add a hero out of the blue like Orphea, maybe even a new realm and map?

Someone on reddit mentioned a character called Ellisande, which does look quite a bit like the image in the teaser. Note the neck area and the breast armor shape.

8 Likes

The fire imp/elemental from HS? He would be so cute in this! Him and Rag would have to have words for each other! (if Iā€™m thinking of the right character)

If we do get a new hero, Iā€™d prefer we got comics to introduce them first. We already knew Orphea before she was playable. We didnā€™t know much, but sheā€™s at least been introduced as a character.

Unrelated, but how long do we have to wait to get a cloaked Orphea skin like her introduction comic?

6 Likes

Doesnā€™t have to be a new realm, though. It could just be a new hero out of the blue, but related to a pre-existing realm (like Orphea).

To me, the lower-right corner of the image ā€œclearlyā€ shows some bamboo-like leafy stuff. So itā€™s possible that this new hero is related to Queen Nightshade, but is not the Queen herself, like Orphea is kinda like playing the Raven lordā€¦ ish.

But I personally think it looks Night Elf-ish.
Guess weā€™ll know a bit more tomorrow.

The only way I think you can get around the nexus necklace is if you assume the devs are using concept art from a launch skin to tease the hero.

That or thereā€™s multiple characters in the image and sheā€™s not being teased here, or theyā€™re teasing a comic instead of a hero.

Rakinishu is a boss in Diablo II. Heā€™s a cowardly little imp demon and quite infamously strong. Other Fallen Ones chant his name throughout the series. The Hearthstone character was named after him.

4 Likes

Not necesarily. It could just be a detail that they changed.
Nazeebo has a Troll head from Warcraft, which I think isnā€™t the case in D3 (I know you donā€™t start with one, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s obtainable).

Of course, that would be a little mean of them, since itā€™s so emphasized in that teaser.

Or sheā€™s a pre existing character, but sheā€™s also a realm lord now so she has a necklace.

True, but isnā€™t that the exception? Is there any other example of a character incorporating other universe elements in a default skin?

2 Likes

He also has a Zergling skull on his belt.

I think thatā€™s a holdover from a really old model. Originally all or at least many of the heroes were going to incorporate franchise-blending on their base design. Check out 2010 Muradin:

Not that Iā€™m aware (not in their default skins), but Iā€™m not an expert either :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I kinda get female witch doctor vibes.

But all things considered I think the amulet has sorc vibes, maybe the d2 sorc? (Li Mingā€™s teacher)

2 Likes

The amulaet is the biggest problem here as it is very clearly a Singularity, making itĀ“s wearer a Realmlord, which is would be very weird.

1 Like

Why is this not in game yet?

1 Like

It does look like something feathered, maybe a harpy or a valkir? yet the it doesnt look by the pendants and the necklace but you canā€™t forget about those feather kind of things

I mean, Mauradinā€™ Muradin.

Iā€™m just here for the :salt: let the devs do whatever they want to now. Itā€™s not like we can realistically expect every character given last Decemberā€™s developments. I for one welcome whoever this lady is.

1 Like