New Hero Spotlight: Mal'Ganis

11 Likes

yey its a warrior! not bad ^^

1 Like

I see some pretty interesting concepts here, especially the “lose sight but have no cooldown” talent.

I guess i will playing a lot of Ana next week to annoy Malganis players.

4 Likes

We think the same :^)

1 Like

New tank on the battle field. Modified vampiric aura as a passive noice, and modified carrion swarm as a stronger ult.
The sleep is in tact, but better with CC, and the new Fel*claws gives him the fast paced HotS flavor. I’m excited for the new Dreadlord warrior.

1 Like

Wonder who would get an infernal ult… cuz if not guldan or malganis… who?

He still looks interesting, both ults seem to have thier uses. that ult swaps HP could be really strong solo lane while the bats can avoid alot of potential wombo burst damage. Happy and cant wait to buy!

2 Likes

OPAF

This guy will easily be incredibly overtuned on release and 100%ban/pick on HGC.

8 Likes

Oh, you have 100% hp? Be a shame if I were to swap my 2% for it.

Idk bout anyone else, but this seems a bit op. For now anyway.

17 Likes

Let’s hope we end up with Last Rite Malthael on his release.

Yawn. Updated Leoric with elements of Greymane.

Another hero to skip which is why I am sitting on 165K gold.

I’m already planning lol. That sleep could provide a nice L-Ming Orb shot with some nice synergy. Carrion swarm looks like a nice clutch.

This will be fun!
Great to see the Sleep mechanic being implemented in more and more heroes instead of a normal stun.

Combining Mal’Ganis with Deckard or Ana for the ultimate sleep experience.

I wonder though if Ana’s grenade will benefit his trait…
Since he heals percentage damage instead of fixed numbers, I think not, though.

1 Like

It does not heal percent damage, it heals a percentage of damage dealt; that is a very big difference.

Nanoboosted + heal boost from grande should make him a pretty evil monster, same as Malthael or Sonya with one or both effects.

On the other side spellpower debuffs wreck his self sustain (-x% damage and -x% heal, so a 50% debuff effectively quarters his sustain and grenade shuts it down anyways).

7 Likes

I’m sure that his hp percentage swap (Dark conversion) will get a min percent nerf…like the hero you swap with can only go to down to like 5 or 10%. Anti mage in DOTA has/had the same ultimate.

Outside of that he looks like my new main and he seems fun to play as. Decent mix of debuff/disrupt and sustain…so far so good, now waiting for all talents.

1 Like

Uhh, you just confirmed my statement haha.
It is still a percentage based source.

Nano boost indeed boosts damage, so indirectly it would benefit healing.
Still, grenade does not affect damage output, and healing is a percentage based on damage.
Since I don’t believe grenade benefits percentage heals (unless trait-% stacks with grenade-%), I don’t think it will affect his trait.

But I will admit I do not know if a percentage based healing source benefits from grenade, like Alexa’s healing circle.
(will check that one out in try-mode now)

EDIT: I tried it out, and healing grenade bonus health indeed stacks on %-based healing sources, so yes, trait will be affected by grenade :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, i did not. You seem not to understand what a percentage based heal is: it heals x percent of max health.

Sonyas Whirwind heals a percentage of damage and is fully affected by spellpower/healing debuffs. Tyrande´s trait talent heals 2% of max hp and is only affected by the grenade. Alexstrasza´s Q on the other hand takes 15% of her max hp and heals for that, whereas it is fully affected by both and her W only by healing reduction.

1 Like

That means Ana is literally a serious counter with mind numbing agent.

50% less healing from abilities.

100% healing reduction from a grenade.

5 Likes

I am talking about healing buffs on allies, not debuffs to enemies.

But perhaps I worded it wrong, because I meant to question of Mal’Ganis vampiric trait is positively buffed by Ana’s grenade quest which increases healing received by +25% from all sources.

But just like armour has no effect on %-based damage (e.g. maltheals damage / GM cursed bullet), I was questioning if %-based healing (e.g. Mal’s trait or Alexa’s circle) benefitted from Ana’s grenade quest buff.

HP swap although might look OP has a huge channel time, and that means it can be interrupted easily by any form of CC. In a 1v1 against a hero without CC is strong, but against a hero with some CC or in a team fight that should be almost useless.

For what i observed it is rather 75% from Mind Numbing, as the reduction count s both for damage and healing.

It should, have you ever seen a Malthael, Illidan or Sonya with that buff? The difference is very noticeable. It would also be extra weird if it was´nt so as healing debuffs work on their abilities.

2 Likes