New forum syntax guide & details about Trust levels

:thinking:

1 Like

thyme :herb:

It appears that Trust Levels were changed specifically in #technical-support and possible #mac-support but there’s also a very slight chance that it also affects #general-discussion.

This could be two things:

1. Trust Level 0 are allowed to post images as long as it’s Technical Support sub forums (maybe bugs too but not sure about that yet).
  2. Imgur links are now finally white listed and allowed by anyone to be posted regardless of level like Youtube links, which I’m not really sure if this true or not.

If anyone who’s reading this could you try to paste the following link as a reply to me while of course you are lower than Level 3 in this Trust system, this is done for science and this could seriously help me in many ways, many many MANY ways if it turns out true.

It will show this following image: an anctual HotS Emoji in game

https://i.imgur.com/BbF4RM6.gif

1 Like

no :cry:

Oh well, at least we tested it, I suppose images for imgur are whitelisted on technical support forums now, which is something really good considering it will help support a lot if people can post their images of their problems there.

though doing the Links that look like this is better than nothing

Yeah that’s still an option, but keep in mind that whitelisted links are allowed to act like normal links that recieve previews of what’s behind it and stuff, if this is possible then I could fix a lot of stuff for the emoji thread while also pretty much make it accessible to everyone than trust level 3 because all emojis are now imgur, a white listed link here.

Maybe in the far future.

I guess, but, it's better than making links with the words jambed l ike th is

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/BbF4RM6.gif
yeah no it doesn’t work.

1 Like

I am wondering how to post a new topic. This is my first time on forums so I think I have a zero trust level. Can you please tell me how do you post a new topic?

I just found this site that checks all Blizzard forums for your trust level, its super useful, I just used it now and the information is accurate.

https://trustlevel.000webhostapp.com/

Made by MVP player Pachimari.

Basically from the look of it, it seems like it tries to read all the .json files from all the forums you are registered on, so its really nothing shady.

Some notes because obviously, this won’t work if your profile is Private.

Also I’m still curios why can’t the devs show which level are we from profile? I thought that suppose to be a Discourse feature. :confused:

Is it happening? SAMI IM CONFUSED
Woah I see a wrench now. This is wack.

Congratulations.

You literally posted an image/link.

Experimentation has shown that it’s possible to reserve a second post in a thread to break up massive OPs when necessary, which is particularly useful for nerds like me who like to do in-depth analyses of stuff.

The only problem is that I’m not sure if it’s tied to Trust Level or not.

It looks like I forgot to mention this a long time ago, yes that is correct, TL3 users do not get denied from posting again after posting before, but lower levels are required to wait for someone reply for they to be allowed to reply again.

However there are some slight hiccups in the system which causes some lower than TL3 to post continuously post after post.

How do you post the hidden lists via the arrows as the main post shows when listing all the syntax commands? I imagine this would be useful for making a clean hero suggestion post or the like, but I can’t seem to find clear info on this post as to how to do it.

“Main text”

<anytext.>

And you will see only “Main text”

“Let me try this”

Not getting the arrow come up to reveal the contents on click. I must be doing it wrong. It hid the text I typed in chevrons though.

Right. I’m talking about the whole “Click here to see the list of Syntax commands” thing in the OP. How does one do that? I’ve seen other posters here do it when formatting their thoughts on balance issues rather than throwing a wall of text at people.