New forum syntax guide & details about Trust levels

The new forum platform is live today for Hearthstone if you want to share this knowledge over there too. ^^

1 Like

SAMMMIIIIIIIIII. Iā€™m sad. I got jebaited hard dude.

It says I have 20k posts read but I think I donā€™t have enough days or something? ANALYZE ME

Itā€™s probably the days just from the look of it do note you have to maintain that reading count with the day visits or else you gotta start reading more again.

Hmm that number seems inaccurate. I always open up the forums on my phone during lunch or something. :confused:

So it says I have 88 days visited, so I just need to mindlessly scroll for 12 whole more days? ;(
How am I gonna upload original content without it being stolen?

Depends on how many day visits you did in the last 100 days, forum is about 158 days old currently if you cannot maintain 50 days visits in the last 100 days it could be a problem but also I donā€™t know how much you have been reading the past 158 before you managed to reached 20k posts read.

Sigh. Iā€™ll just scroll in the background and wait for it

1 Like

If you were expecting to get it at an instant of reaching the requirements then donā€™t really because this is not how it works, your .json file get updated one time a day depending on the requirements you have for your trust levels, if you pass all the requirements you have wait until it reach the exact time where it usually updates.

For example I lost TL3 at one point because things I should not discuss about and got it back on 6 AM.

One time I literally woke up at 5:55 AM morning because of a nightmare then checked the forums, TL2, 5 minutes later on 6 AM I get updated back to TL3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I dont want to check my json all the time is there another indicator? Wrench is level 3 right?

Yeah, if you have a wrench it means you are trust level 3.

revisiting thread. see if i can throw some stuff that would be useful for common use together. some of it may be things that are seen and ppl may not know how its doneā€¦ and other stuff is just common sense.

1. Text
  2. Linking and Images
  3. Code Blocks (Preformated Text Block)
  4. Lines and Line Breaks
  5. Headers, Numbering/Dots
  6. Tables

Text

• Bold ā†’ press the B or **B**
  • Itallic ā†’ press the I or _I_ *I*
  • Strikethrough ā†’ Strikethrough = ~~Strikethrough~~
  • Inserted Text (Green Background) ā†’ Hello! = <ins>Hello!</ins>
  • Deleted Text (Red Background + Strikethrough) ā†’ Hello! = <del>Hello!</del>
  • Text Size ā†’ BIGGER smaller = <big>BIGGER</big> <small>smaller</small>

bonus: these nice looking ā€œbuttonā€ sorta shapes here Like This are the <kbd> tag.

-::arrow_up: Index :-

Linking and Images

This is something that at first seems like you can not do this unless you are Level 3 Trusted. However, you can get around this by using code blocks which disables the direct linking. This also makes it easier for others to copy and paste your links without having to do odd things with spaces and such.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380

note: for images do the same as for normal links. copy the shareable or direct link and then surround it put it between code blocks. direct links point directly to the image as you will see below.

example share link ==> https://imgur.com/a/GdLp5y0
example direct link ==> https://i.imgur.com/hQFY8Vs.png

Code Blocks

• Single Line Code Block ā†’
    `text here (1)
    text here (2)
    text here (3)`

text here (1) text here (2) text here (3)

• Multi-Line Code Block ā†’
```
text here (1)
text here (2)
text here (3)
```
text here (1)
text here (2)
text here (3)

Line Break and Horizontal Lines

• Horizontal Lines ā†’
    ā€”___ *** (x3) dash, underscore, or asterisk. these all look the same so it doesnt matter which you use.

• Line Break ā†’ <br>
    example:
    normal textā€¦
    spacing between lines
    line breakā€¦

spacing between
    a line
line break... <br>
spacing between
a line

Header Tags, Numbering, and those dots

• Headers/Numbers ā†’

1. HEADER

1. HEADER

1. HEADER
HEADER
1. # HEADER
4) #### HEADER
6. ###### HEADER
  • Dots ā†’
-
  -
    -
      -

Tables

CELL1 CELL2 CELL3
Numbers
1 2 3
4 5 6
Letters
A B C
D E F
|CELL1|CELL2|CELL3|
|:---:|:---:|:---:|
||Numbers||
|1|2|3|
|4|5|6|
||Letters||
|A|B|C|
|D|E|F|

my more detailed post in this thread on the table that i copied this part from:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/new-forum-syntax-guide-details-about-trust-levels/380/133?u=morogoth-1321

edit:

• changed Headers to markdown equivalent instead of tags.
  • added extra explanation in ā€˜linkingā€™ for images since it is a common to see ppl dont know this.
  • did some text cleanup and editing to make it better. (6/2019)
  • cleaned up ā€˜code blockā€™ section to be easier to read. pictures have been replaced by all text. (6/2019)
  • links added for easier navigation to the section you are interested in (7/2019)
  • added index button to take you back to the top of the post (8/2019)
2 Likes

Itā€™s kinda crap that you can lose Trust Level 3 after you earn it. Iā€™ve been working on some pretty large posts (similar to this one), all of which take a significant amount of time to write, organize, format, and decorate and, turns out, I canā€™t actually post any of them now because Iā€™ve lost the ability to have images.

1 Like

Well the best explanation for that is amount of inactivity when it comes to how many posts you are reading in the last 100 days.

Now I donā€™t know really how much did you read because your profile private (which I have nothing against really, your rights for privacy), considering the amount of posts it get posted here you need to maintain in reading 25% of all posts/comments made in the last 100 days or just straight forward read 20k and let it cap for the next 100 days, of course as a reminder, your account should not be silenced or suspended in-game or suspended on the forums as both of these causes you to lose Trust Level 3 forever (Silence forum penalties on the forums have no effect on TL3 permanently as you get it back once the Silence expires) .

1 Like

I know that I lost TL3 specifically because I havenā€™t been reading, Iā€™m just annoyed by it. Although itā€™s also my own fault because I knew this would happen, I just havenā€™t had the time/motivation to keep reading the forums. I wish there was some sort of exception - like if you make a post that gets X amount of likes after reaching Trust Level 3, you get to keep it regardless of time spent reading or something.

Also I didnā€™t know I had it to private and I donā€™t remember why I put it there. Go me!

1 Like

Lol, well anyways best tip I can give is by looking in the ā€œNewā€ and the ā€œUnreadā€ tabs and make sure every comment persist for like 2 seconds to count (thereā€™s a blue dot on the right that fades away that tells you read that comment).

yyyeah tbh like 75% of the posts i ā€œreadā€ for my first hit of trust level 3 were just me holding the ā€œdownā€ button on my keyboard on long threads and making sure the dots were gone >____________>

1 Like

Literally every single time I make a comment I check if the wrench is there. Alas, it probably wonā€™t be.

You need to wait a whole day though

Oh wise SamiSha, maker of posts and knower of things - do you happen to know of a way to check and see how close you are to meeting the requirements, like where to look at how many days Iā€™ve visited/posts Iā€™ve read/threads Iā€™ve read in the past X days?

Nope :frowning:, well not Blizzard Discourse forums, thereā€™s a way, itā€™s just not available here.

1 Like

Rats. Oh well. Thank you for your time!

1 Like