New forum syntax guide & details about Trust levels

Getting Silenced which:

1. You cannot post (duh).
  2. You can still like comments and flag.

Getting Suspended:

1. You cannot post.
  2. You also cannot engage with the community anymore aka likes flagging, the only thing that you can is bookmark posts.
  3. This one affects trust levels bigger than silenced, probably also lock people from reaching level 3 (cannot confirm)

Getting Banned:

1. goodbye

Does this apply before or after the new forums? :grin:

New forums.

Got suspended on the old forums for one day a year ago, thought this will apply to my trust level 3, seems every account start fresh on the forums.

Which is pretty good, giving those naughties a second chance at least.

Are you talking about being suspended in MY forums!?

Yes I am, because they are related to Trust Levels.

Good.

If thatā€™s the case, then probably one silence. I think I was still able to give likes at the time. The system notification officially said ā€œon holdā€ or something like that.

I have no clue how much trust you lose, but it seems silence affect a lot in that case, orā€¦ you arenā€™t meeting the requirements because you were flagged 5 times on different posts by 5 different unique people? that Mei posting really took the effect on the trust level 3.

That would be a major setback, but I can still make an impact with Youtube :joy:

Dunno, itā€™s just really weird I canā€™t post links directly from Blizzardā€™s own website, which should be the most trusted source.

1 Like

Apparently the links are not whitelisted are diablo links.

that does sound slightly funny for some reasonā€¦

Yeah, especially when it did used to work for me. So posting a direct Blizzard link is a no go, while embedding a Youtube video is perfectly ok.

1 Like

Ohhhā€¦just saw this, not very nice. :sob:

Umm, I regret seeing this thread. A bit disconcerting to be knocked in several posts in this thread about a trust level I wasnā€™t even aware of and for my lack of read count which I didnā€™t attempt to inflate.

Rather bad form indeed.

4 Likes

Meant that as a compliment. Canā€™t beat your likes given/received. Youā€™re like the epitome of likes :joy:

It was never meant to be an insult, it was just an empirical fact at the time.

Either way, after looking at the Discourse documentation the requirement is actually 25% of the total posts made to the forum in the last 100 days, capped at 20,000 total posts required to be read. You must have been at the 25% threshold with less than 20k posts read.

1 Like

lul, Alright, well I canā€™t deny I break the like button. Hit that thang for anyone who makes me laugh or says something interesting. Currently out of likes for four hours. :sob::sob:

6 Likes

When I run out of ā€œlikesā€ I stop reading the forum. I donā€™t see any point to it if I am out of ā€œlikes.ā€ One of the bad thing about this (in my opinion), is that Iā€™m finding that Iā€™m less inclined to visit the forums, because I know that my ā€œlikesā€ are limited. I am starting to doubt that I will ever get trust level 3 because of that simple fact.

3 Likes

I was unnecessarily singled out as an example by name on multiple posts in this thread, it sure didnā€™t read like a compliment or empirical fact.

But itā€™s good to know it wasnā€™t an insult, just felt a bit upsetting seeing that.

I donā€™t understand why they limit likes either, I give them to the posts I like until I run out.

2 Likes

You just happened to be an outlier that I had found while looking at several peopleā€™s profiles that didnā€™t match the requirements specified at the beginning of the thread. That is all, nothing more than that.

1 Like

I feel you, apparently, level 3 users can give 100 instead 50, not enough lol.

1 Like

They need to increase the number of flags for Trust Level 2 and 3.

There is no ability to keep up with the amount of spam / trolling a single person can create.

4 Likes