New forum syntax guide & details about Trust levels

I need to read 8 thousand more posts before i ascend into glory.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pro tip, use these areas to stack up some posts to reach 20k.

Now i only need 4k more! :smiley:

ā€¦

:slightly_frowning_face:

All will kneel soon enough. :crown: :smiling_imp:

Have you been suspended / silenced or received a forum suspension since the new forums went live?

I think I have one more day before I can unlock Trust level 3.

Nope, but I felt like previous old forum bans would migrate with the new forums, but it seems like itā€™s not the case here, everyone start fresh, I was banned for posting a meme with the name ā€œguys only want one thingā€ because it was sexists if I recall, tbh it was pretty out of character and doesnā€™t really fit with the following thread so I washed it off and never done it again, that was back somewhere in 2017 November-December.

You are not optimal, yet.

you need 13k posts, some pro tips, use the and the tabs to stack up some posts.

I should point out you donā€™t need to read it all, looking at for 2 seconds is enough to be marked as read, all unread posts have a blue circle on the right corner that will fade a couple of seconds later if they are on the screen monitor during that duration, hope it helps and good luck, keep in mind you might need to wait couple of days before you get it as some users from the Overwatch forums reported once having this problem.

Mindlessly scrolling now. =P

Though, to be fair, before now, I actually read all 7.1k of those posts.

1 Like

Donā€™t feel bad about it, the Overwatch forums used the Mercy mega thread that passed like 30k posts in a couple of months as a way to farm posts, quite hilarious.

Sooo, what happened? Did you get it? :thinking:

No, i mean, i grinded for it, but didnā€™t getting, put up a ticket, the dev just said it was Bugged. I believe them, and they just said to stay positive until further notice.

Give it a minimum day, I actually thought it will unlock the moment I passed 50 days at 2 AM, took me 4 hours later to get it actually.

The first think you will notice is a wrench icon in your comments which makes it a wiki, if you see that then congratulations you are level 3.

Iā€™m still trying to find threads to ā€œread.ā€ :thinking:

You can also look at your trust level by going to your profile page and appending .json to the end of the file. Your highest trust level is noted in that file.

Yeah you can also do that with the json file.

As for reading be mean enough and farm those poor technical support threads, bugs, hero suggestions forums, they all worked for me.

Ok, now that Iā€™ve ā€œreadā€ 20k posts (which is dumb because I actually legit read like 7k, now I feel dirty) I wait to see if Iā€™m granted Trust Level 3.

How it felt like having to read 8 thousand posts in 2 hours:

2:03

Youā€™re trust level 3 now, BTW. I just checked your .json.

Now I wait for mine. =(

EDIT: Also, I just checked, there are a few other users with Trust Level 3 who have well below 20,000 posts read. I do not believe the 20,000 posts requirement is real.

For example, @Minky has Trust Level 3 with only 16k posts read.

Probably they lowered the requirements because the community is pretty small, thatā€™s really cool though

Yeah, but I just spent 5 hours literally artificially inflating my Posts Viewed countā€¦ =(

Now watch me not get it because, well, itā€™s me.

I hope you do because Iā€™m gonna feel bad about it for letting you read ton of posts

Itā€™s fine because I didnā€™t actually read it.

BTW, how did you make your font tiny!?

Also the user count has increased to "user_count":100 from 95 last time I checked.

We know DJPea, Minky and another one I wonā€™t mention here, so that leave us with two more.

Also <small> to make look small, you can stack them up.

1 Like