New blizzcon update blog - wheres PMM?

Where is the performance matchmaking you so promised us? Instead you change mechanics that aren’t very game breaking and completely lose focus on the major problem this game has. Its match making. Yeah sure fixing quick match will somewhat improve match making, but it has nothing to do with high ranked level of play.

Relax, u got ur wish fulfilled now noone that isn’t “skilled enough” is gonna bother you… They’re removing ranks and it’s all “MMR” now… Such unfortunate cause feels like there’s nothing “visible” to play for but will see, time will tell though

And where…in the world did they say this???

I saw it earlier. they didn’t mention anything about players who aren’t “skilled enough”. They purposefully coddle these players… tell them they did great at the end of the match and throw them into all plat/diamond matches to handicap one side or the other.

Couldn’t hear a bigger lie so much so that it hurts

MMR works like that “bald and rough club doorman” that doesn’t allow “newcomers” and keeps the club with it’s usual “VIP” guest spectrum

BUT I CLIMBED ALL THIS WAY AND NOW UR NOT EVEN GONNA LET ME IN ? = NOPE, and THAT my friend is what MMR does… ALSO that “sht this fcker is a son/daughter of a very respected member but always does trouble and costs the club a lot of money and reputation” = LET HIM/HER IN, but WHY ? = cause they a son/daughter of a long-time “respected member”

AND THAT MY FRIEND is how ladder/MMR works… IF THE REMOVE the MMR condition to ranking then it’s an OPEN CLUB FOR EVERYONE but as long as the MMR is KEY to matching = sh*t like that will happen

It’s been 5 long boring years of SAME OLD SAME OLD and YET when you face/tell/propose changes everyone goes like = OMG NO, no way I don’t want to get faced with “new faces” which = AS USUAL = resulted in a scenario of “noone wanting to be recognized as one side or the other” cause being a “respected member in a corrupted club” may or may not bring benefits but SURE AS HELL brings bad public reputation, AND being a “new member” just brings a lot of doubt to EVEN LET THEM TRY to “taste” how things in that club work

And THAT is why the MMR was and will always be the same bullsh*t that ever was meant to be… THAT is why everyone smurfs and THAT is why everyone ultimately hates the matchmaker, and THAT is why the 50% forced W/L ratio where you STOMP one game and GET SLAMMED THE DOOR on the next one

IDK about you but I personally would reconsider my personal existence in the whole thing and be damned to hell if I support/reinforce those

EVERY SINGLE TIME when you propose/suggest MMR DROP and just rank matching the “elite” always goes = but I don’t want to play with/against noobs… Sooo yeah, think we “mortals” have a nice time having being slammed at the club-door back every single time we get to the “next customer please” (i.e. promo game) spot ?

BUT HEY = let’s drop the “insecurity of insecurity” EVEN FURTHER cause what once was 10 games to place (about 2 ranks +/- deviatoin, sometimes even more possible), let’s make it 3 (which basically means half-rank squat)… Cause AGAIN = we HAVE TO BELIEVE the system and not question it’s rules cause it doesn’t make mistakes, but rather ALL OF US do

Haven’t seen/heard more masochistic BS like, ever, EVERYONE COMPLAINS about the matchmaker and when things get suggested to bigger changes everyone goes BUT I DON’T WANT

So SRS = what the fck you want ?, have you ever asked yourselves in person ?, cause doing this ping-pong with the “community elite representatives” is getting fcking boring AF and very unfruitful

P.S. = Blizz just knock it off with the BS jag-off censorship in comments, sometimes foul words aren’t just to be allowed but also more authentic toward a LEGIT CONCERN OF THE GAME and in a very FRANKLY MANNER recommendable

We all wish it did but _Blizzard_s system of MMR has entirely different priorities and intentions. When you have feeders in GOLD, PLAT, DIAMOND and the biggest crime of all Master you know something is dead wrong… (maybe right for Blizzard) but not for anyone else. Thats why this game lost so many players (aside from the ban everybody thing that Blizzard did also).

None of the stuff that has happened in the past year or announced at this Blizzcon is what I asked for or what any truly competitive minded players asked for. Whats worse is one of those changes (merging HL/TL) is something I’m so dead set against but yet its what happened. So not only did nothing on wish list change but they made the game even worse than it is now. Quite a feat if you ask me.

They follow the majority bronze players and what they think they want (“waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I lost cause we didnt have a tank!!!”, “waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I have to wait a whole 5 minutes to feed in my next HL match!” “waaaaaaaaaaaah I suck at the game and people tell me I suck!!!” “waaaaaaaaaah I keep losing why can’t I get carried in my next match???”

Anyone that was anyone has already left this game and whats left is just a bunch of casual skin/mount collectors who think a well played game is their 15+ deaths and chasing enemies directly into their forts all match. The game is a joke, and Blizzard pretty much has the last laugh here with how they have manipulated everything up until this point starting with the greatest rewards coming out of TL… then enabling solo TL Q so they could say … “oh TL is popular now” then totally WREK the HL queue (which was dying from the bans they created)… then get people who don’t care about winning or low quality matches that combined HL/TL is great idea… cause then they don’t have to wait so long to feed /DUH for 30 minutes when they queue up to get their XPs and mountz.

It’s a terrible shame that such a great game is in such bad hands.

Holy hell these people have so many conspiracy theories that i cant even pick one to talk about, no wonder theyre removing comments when thats the quality.

And on PBMM i think they gave up brcause they announced “Using PBMM to educate players”, so basically “Gratz you died one time less than your usual 10 times” messages.

None of the stuff that has happened in the past year or announced at this Blizzcon is what I asked for or what any truly competitive minded players asked for

Not really, what IN REALITY HAPPENED is that those changes got introduced for a couple of weeks and when “the elites” (read Mewnfarez) started whining publicly on stream Blizz was forced to retract the change… NOONE from the lower ranks was against the PBMM/changes cause they FINALLY GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO JUMP HIGHER via better streak during the decade of placement matches (i.e. they got given the CHANCE to “test their best” against better players and as long as not screw up very badly have the chance to stay awhile there)

I for example jumped from Silver 2 to Gold 2 in just 8:2 winning streak in that placement… IN FACT it got JUST ABOUT EXCITING AND WORTHY to even PRACTISE BUILDS/HEROES/MAPS before tuning in into the HL

BUT AGAIN = what really happened is streamers did the “OMG this is unbearable” thread on Reddit and Blizz had to “apologize kindly” and say it was a Bug and they’d “look after the problem and delay the change” (welcome to the club mate)

I’m NOT saying that “I’m seriously damn good and I’m just held down by morons” (for as long as 5k games ?, lol), BUT = what I AM SAYING is the following => NO OFENSE = if you’re REALLY THAT GOOD then in reality you shouldn’t be affected/care whether you’d get to play with/against really weaker players

CAUSE THAT IS THE PRACTISE OF SUCCESS => cater toward LESS AND LESS maintenance/babysitting ON THE LONG RUN (as opposed to in the initial phase), and TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE CHANGES and DECIDE LATER what makes/breaks… INSTEAD WHAT HAPPENED is Blizz decided MMR MAKES (instead of Breaks) and EVERYTHING WAS DESIGNED upon “hypothetisizing” that the “judging book by the cover” is an acceptable approach of designing the system

BUT = that is NOT WHAT HAPPENED, did it ?, instead things got WORSE with time/effort/numbers and there’s no other explanation/cause other than BECAUSE THE SYSTEM WAS BADLY DESIGNED/PLACED… PILES AND PILES OF POSTS were just “kindly ignorred” from all those “infuriated toxic people” isntead of really look into what happened during the Alpha/Beta phase back when the number/data was MUCH SMALLER and MUCH EASIER TO EXAMINE, but that was refused and the game came out in just the same original “flawed” shape before that

And that is NOT just a claim or “conspiracy theory”, but on the contrary => it’s LOGICAL AND BUSINESS PRACTISE… IF THINGS ARE WELL-DEFINED AT CORE/BASE then “idleness” does not diminish system’s future/quality for the worse BUT RATHER will only do better , ONLY BAD systems do keep their “masters” slave…, BUT that is not what happened, instead what happened is => as long as the Profit flows “don’t fix what is not broken”

Again, NOT AT ALL, if anything those are VOICELESS [so much so that claiming otherwise is nothing but completely INHUMANE] (as we are all on this forum)

What they follow (and listen) is AGAIN = the streamers/community-members (a.k.a. PUBLIC FIGURES)_ and again = WORST OF ALL = redditors (not cause they’re bad people but cause they’re SUCH FILLED WITH CONFIRMATION BIAS that “everything there” is designed to “patt the back” of the “master” instead of give DIRECT AND HONEST FEEDBACK, aaand yeah, they will look up to things and AS LONG AS the “looking good in front of everyone” “public image” isn’t “sacrificed” there will be a “we’ll look into it” type of response/feedback, i.e. again => that’s what it is = and is ALL WHAT IT IS => just a big pile of PEE-ARE BULLSH*T

In no time if that trend continues to go on (AND WILL cause nothing has ever changed toward BIGGER/CORE changes) => soon we’ll have noone but redditors play the game… SO MUCH SO that Bertha Lovejoy may become the most-appreciated player/streamer

SRS knock it off people and START THINKING instead of DENYING the truth and what’s going on FOR 5 F*CKING LONG YEARS now… HOW MUCH DATA you need before you realize things HAVEN’T BEEN DOING WELL… THEY HAVE NEVER EVER EVEERR AND WILLL NEEEEEVEEER EEEEEEEVEEER listen to the “waaah bronzies”, instead what they will do is listen to the WHINING STREAMERS and “cater” toward “at all cost keeping them”

AGAIN = the very thing at the very basic/core of things remain = >How do you do AN UNBIASED RESEARCH with a PREDETERMINED CENSORSHIP as it’s CORE/BASE , IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE ask yourself, if the answer to that is NO, then ask yourself WHY U NEED THE MMR DECIDE TEAMMATES (as opposed to CURRENT RANK of a player) in the first place ?

If winning brings you higher you REMAIN HIGHER (well deserved, congratz), BUT = HAVING A SYSTEM WHICH DELIBERATELY PREVENTS MAJOR CHANGES (such as a “lowzie” climbing up high, or preventing a “well desired figure”) and keeping the “elite” intact - is again = nothing short but outright disgusting and inhumane

And all those that say " but Nostromia, this guy, that guy" did a Bronze-Masters run all I can say is = WELL DONE, THAT ONE THING THAT SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE EVER FAIL, didn’t fail, indeed, it didn’t… Otherwise what’s the alternative ?? = IMMEDIATE EVAC, so I guess (for now) everyone’s “safe”

Pfffffff. I wish they listened to the streamers. Sorry but they listen most to the bronzes, casuals and the feeders more than anyone else in this game (they are the reddit crowd). Thats why its dead now.

Whole game is just a feedfest. Even if you are halfway decent the system is designed to keep you playing as long as possible by grinding long past the trash players that extend upward into master. That’s not a fun game to play in any way whatsoever. It’s not a question about going upward… its how you get there…Blizzard thought playing with morons was fun so they got what they got now … people quit right /left and whoever stayed got banned/suspended out. If you are in plat/diamond/master you can very easily see this for yourself… those ranks are incredibly thin such that the matchmaker has to substitute very low skill players to fill out a match.

Oh and you don’t know what inhumane means. No idea actually … that word doesn’t belong any where near a game discussion… Inhumanity concerns survival food water air and the right to be/feel safe and not treated as property or physically/mentally tortured.

Either way the game would be served well if it wasn’t catered to the lowest common denominator ALL the FKN time. At this point it doesn’t matter. The damage is done already. The investors are all staring us directly in the face. I’m looking for another company to dole out a much better game than this. It will happen eventually. Us long time Blizzard fans will finally have another company to worship. The lessons of what not to do are all here. Someone out there will pick up on them and hopefully they won’t repeat the same mistakes (putting dollar/revenues so way above what is a good game to play). Making money is fine… but the best games… can make money AND still be a decent game to play.

This doesn’t happen you can climb but they made it a purposeful grind… in the same way that they have extremely low drop rates in wow for gear you want etc… This all to keep you playing every day for days/weeks/years on end… to keep you as a customer and hopefully a paying one while they churn out skins /mounts for you to buy. If you could simply end up where you wanted to be they think you would stop playing altogether.

My solution is not to play ranked at all. I know what I am capable of… I may not be master… but Diamond for sure (I’m almost there). I don’t need Blizzard’s labels… or a system that says I lost and deserve feeders in my next match because I could’t manage to win a game 2v5. Its not the labels I’m after anyway… its a fun match. So I only play with friends or not at all… and mostly not at all now because almost all my friends left this game already. Some of us playing D2 now and some games on steam. In the past few months I was waiting with low hopes about possible improvements to this game but now I see none. In fact the “improvements” are bad.

I left wow recently as a mythic raider so I don’t really have any more blizzard games to play seriously now. I consider it a good thing… I am mostly off Blizzard’s hook. What they did here in this game helped a lot. Thanks Blizzard.

The system WAS bugged. My master friend said that on his main hero he would gain points… even when he was losing… so much so that he could win more points from losses than wins sometimes. The system wasn’t working the way it should have. Blizzard couldn’t find a way to make it work so they aborted the system entirely. I’m sad to hear that they did this. I think a better solution should have been concerned with low skill play in the least so games are higher quality. Having a 12 death feeder/player in gold shouldn’t be a thing but it is. Gold used to be a decent level of skill play. Now we see 12+ death players (often multiple feeders) into plat/diamond and master regularly.

Those two things don’t come along, you’re EITHER a public figure or a “noone”, and that’s like “laws of the universe”, THAT VERY same rule applies first of all on the streets at a young age, and contines onward to every social event/organization

IN OTHER WORDS = Reddit doesn’t “crush and bend” the “rules of the universe”, but rather just as any othre public “media outlet” there = just reassures them intact lol

It is very easy to see the majority of the reddit crowd is casual players who care only about one thing… their right to feed in every game and call it fun and not being told how to play even when they do the stupidest things imaginable.
All they want is a game where they die 15 times and want the rest of their teammates to be happy and cheer them on about it. That is reddit in a nutshell.

They have zero concerns about matchmaking (the real one… skill based) because they are all terrible and don’t really know what being matched with a potato is like… because they are potatoes. Blizzard fully supports this crowd and ignores everyone else.

Blockquote

Meh, don’t like to get into ‘arguments’ but it’s very simple rule = reddit has that “notorious” UPVOTING SYSTEM (i.e. popularity rating on posts), more votes = more chances to be seen/heard and is EXACTLY THAT, popularity contest

There are TWO MAJOR reasons why your claim is incorrect,

1 = NOONE RISKS to be the “partybreaker” i.e. “villain” and/or “naysayer” where everyone seems to have some fun and “share it” they doing the “it’s an impending doom that waits to crash on a cliff, just a matter of time” type of person
2 = NOONE upvotes whiners, like, literally noone is concerned to upvote CONCERNS of others (UNLESS THERE ARE LEGIT reasons)

No ofense = at the very start of /r/heroesofthestorm there may have been some “whining posts” but they got IMMEDIATELY SHUT DOWN by downvoting to no end OR simply ignorred

IF THE STATE OUT THERE NOW IS DIFFERENT = then it’s just another mark of THINGS CHANGED CAUSE NOONE LISTENED (again - not the elite, but those “mortal whiners” that tried to “share their fair share of concerns”)

IF THINGS INDEED GOT THAT TOXIC (even on REDDIT which is BY DEFAULT an anti-concern-anti-“whine” “shiny happy people place” where they post things to be NOTICED as opposed to listened) then there’s one explanation = NOONE CARED ABOUT LEGIT CONCERNS before it got too late

Claiming otherwise not just deterres reason and logic but is also evil-intent to some extent TBH

Anything that isn’t shiny happy I feed in every game and I like it … if not downvoted by the community themselves is downvoted by Blizzard. They are fully engaged in any critique of their game. Here and everywhere else.

Bronzies/Silvers don’t see where the problem is… with feeders… and so when a player says “i’m tired of playing with these guy” they take it personally. They think… feeding is how you win games… and sure its how you win a bronze match or get carried in silver or gold… but they simply do not understand it doesn’t work in any other tier… or makes games that they are in much less fun to play and a lot harder to win. They can’t accept the fact that they are in this group of terrible players. They don’t want to be excluded from higher tiers thinking they are qualified to play in that range…so they downvote those things.

They simply do not see the problem because they don’t know the game well and they don’t want to learn or change whatsoever.

Even if the post is put in a neutral constructive way… they don’t understand what they can’t see… so they downvote it… It isn’t a problem in their minds. It doesn’t exist…they don’t see it a concern to their “community” so they don’t want any energy wasted on the discussion. Instead they would rather discuss what is important to them only (I. e. Nova keeps killing me… I keep running into towers… why do they kill me??" etc)

Yes reddit is a bad medium to discuss these things because a different opinion doesn’t get discussed… it gets downvoted as if its bad… it forces everyone to have the same opinion about things.

Even here… discussions about things these players don’t care about is labeled as “negative”… even as far as “trolling.” “Whatever I don’t agree with is a troll post, something someone made not because they have a valid opinion… but because they are just trying to make us upset.”

I understand your frustration but Blizzard designed it this way. They appear more over at reddit for this very reason… they don’t care. They want to have the discussion there where they can control the discussion. They know full well they have white knights who will defend ANYTHING… and they take advantage of them. Its also why they switched to this forum software that allows players to delete any post they want.

They just want our money, thats it… and whatever they do change this game isn’t to make it more fun its just to get us playing and draw out more money. Short games is priority as is mounts/skins. They lie about it to our faces at Blizzcon … “everyone is happy” “game is great” “TL is more popular than ever before” not because we gave people even newbies who don’t care about TL playing it but because its the greatest play mode ever…etc. They want to create an illusion that the game is doing well … and sure plenty of people play it but they can’t actually match people together right … so they just match anybody together. They really don’t care.

They are in full out war/clean up PR mode and have been for some time… because the game went to the toilet. I’m sure if they revealed numbers it would show the revolving door it has been. Many players left … this is not the same player base it was even a year ago… and year after year I’ve seen totally different people. Hardly anyone has been around since it began. All the top players… (very vocal I must add) are GONE. Top streamers GONE. All my friends GONE.

Blizzard is just conserving it as a store now. Thats all it can be. I think they initially tried to solve issues, now they don’t care anymore. They aren’t able to. So survival mode… that was what happened at Blizzcon. And most of the players bought it.

P. S. if you have access to the Q&A at the end of the deep dive look at the uncomfortable look on some of the host faces… they really didn’t want to talk much in depth about anything… thats why there was 45-50 minute presentation about the new hero. “Sorry we ran out of time!!!”

Vanity at it’s finest = I’m better than the other guys that got affected by injustice but as long as I’m not affected I don’t care

Which is FINE, but again = going the EXTRA STEP FORWARD and BLAMING THE FIRST VICTIM is nothing but inhumane

WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH of WHAT IS GOING ON NOW, but what we’re discussing about is HOW THINGS GOT HERE, and sorry but u’r not only illogical and delusional but also frustrated

BEFORE THOSE “top streamers” and “my friends” and “community members” became GONE, guess who became GONE first ? = yep, that’s right, that would be us “mortals” that no matter we posted like 300 000 posts on this forum and somewhere else noone bothered, nor listened, nor cared, and even downvoted

At this point I’m sure you’re one of those people as well

I think you have deep psychological/social problems so I won’t be responding to you anymore. My statements are just that to be a statement in this game on the state of the game. Hardly anything you say actually makes sense. I’ve tried to take some meaning out of it and understand you are frustrated but that is all I make out of it. Can’t be a language barrier… definitely a communication issue. I can’t help you here. Sorry. I did try though.

P. S. I do believe we have some common ground which is why i tried in the first place. I can see but you aren’t able to see it. You aren’t even trying.

Blockquote

Agree to disagree… But here’s the thing = don’t exclude yourself from that “I think you have deep psychological/social problems” diagnosis :slight_smile: , at one point you might understand everyone’s doing/trying their best, because if that’s not the case = being “right about things while they’re bad” doesn’t help anyone nor is of any relevance