My Reaction Video to Blizzard canceling hots

Me: hey friend that i’ve played hots with for 7 years. Look at this announcement from blizzard

Friend: oh no are they shutting down the servers?

Me: No

Friend: Are they ending ranked?

Me: Also no

Friend: So nothing is actually changing?

Me: nope. Now get online i’m on a losing streak.

20 Likes

Nerf Rag’s lava wave, Valla’s mobility, Johanna’s 3x health bar, Azmo and Naz’s damage / wave clear capabilities and we storm league material.

nothing changing is what killed this game. shear unwillingness to adapt

2 Likes

No buffing li li Malganis
Nerfing reghar or stukov?

2 Likes

What? How long have you been playing Hots for? They were constantly adding new content up until the end of 2018. The release of new content (changes) still continued throughout 2019, trailing off the past few years.

Who didn’t adpat (to a lot of change) Blizzard, the players? Your post makes no sense, sorry.

3 Likes

Welp, I don’t see a point to play hots outside of 5 men, because now even one random can ruin everything in qm.

Ah yes, SL will die.

3 Likes

Did start playing Hots in 2021 lol.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think it was the opposite. I had only been playing HotS since sometime around 2017 or so? Whenever they did the Overwatch event where you could get the Genji and D.Va skins. Anyways, I did some research and it looked like the game kinda followed a similar trajectory as Overwatch, where the game didn’t really know whether it wanted to be a more casual MOBA with a smaller yet more dedicated audience (since MOBAs are typically only seen as hardcore competitive), or a hyper-competitive eSport to compete with LoL and DOTA and appeal to its fans - yet Blizzard pushed an artificial eSports scene rather than letting it grow naturally, when the game at its core is much more casual (and I don’t mean this in a bad way - HotS’ relative simplicity is what I greatly appreciate about it).

8 Likes

I started looking at my healthbar regardless of my role, instant grandmaster

4 Likes

Look my entire specialty is playing dead games like HotS.

Now excuse me I have a game session of Team Fortress 2.

3 Likes

Time for Critical Revolver gameplay.

The mistake was trying to make it into a big esport.

4 Likes

Maybe Microsoft will save HotS, if the deal is completed?

3 Likes

Sure like Elon decided to save Twitter, until two days later he pulled out and decided not to.

Stukov’s lurking build is his only powerful build. To nerf that would be nerfing the expanding one that causes it to be on cd. The cd itself not really mattering if the other talent that resets it activates. Reghar is in an amazing spot, he’s a melee healer who supports dive comps. Dive comps being one of the weaker comps in game due to the insane amount of cc in this game that negates dive comps.

Mal’ganis just needs more self healing, the amount of self healing he gets regardless of which build you go with is just sad. Not even worth a mention. Blaze heals more standing in one ignited oil patch than mal’ganis does in an entire team fight.

Li-li is also in a great spot, very easy to use, low risk, multiple working builds. If we really had to buff her in terms of survability just give her like 15 armor while her trait is active or if you’re talking about her healing output i guess you can always make the two cup talent baseline? I really don’t think she needs buffed but i could be wrong.

There are many more things that could change for the better like a rework to butcher, Nerfing the auto attack speed build of abathur on AA heroes, Anduin’s bubble ult that is interrupted by anything that isn’t just outright damage / slows. DVA’s ults being underperforming, Naruto Uzamaki’s shadow clone build i mean nova’s hologram spam talent. As is many other things that i can’t think on top of my head.

That is the issue, They will not fix the problems with matchmaking and the ranking system now so game is trashed.

the problem with Valla isn’t mobility (she’s just slightly above average in that regard), but rather the amount of free damage she can pump out. If you walk into her AA range, she can Hungering Arrow (~300 damage on average), Multishot (~175 damage), basic attack at LEAST once (90 damage), vault and basic attack at least twice one of which is empowered (~300 damage), and if you try to engage after that, she can easily stutter step away with her move-speed. All at level 1, it gets way worse when quests are stacked.

Compare this to someone like Fenix or Raynor. If you step in their AA range, you get hit by a basic attack or two, and that’s that. Maybe Raynor throws in a Penetrating Round, or blows inspire to get an extra basic attack.

The problem with modern Valla is that she has really good AAC qualities, and pretty darned good punish game like a Mage. Sure, she’s squishy, and her mobility isn’t THAT good (unless you are playing into her gameplan, where she’ll just stutter step and destroy you), but if her team has a slight inclination of peel, or she knows what talents to pick when (e.g, don’t pick basic attack talents against Illidan), she won’t die unless hard targeted by multiple heroes with hard CC.

Pretty much the only hard counters I’ve found for Valla have been Illidan (good luck playing against any other characters optimally though), and Dehaka. Dehaka can at least scare Valla off, even if he can’t get the kill. I certainly don’t think she’s a monstrously broken character like Release Fenix or Release Li-Ming, but she’s definitively over-tuned even still. I mean, I have horrid win-rates on ranged assassins and I can carry on Valla! That should tell you something.

1 Like

Does this officially make Hots Blizzard’s worst game ever made? Even though Starcraft and Warcraft are in ‘maintenance mode’ those games are beloved and supported by the community.

The only thing I hear about hots is the contempt people have for this game, it’s development, and it’s community.

Can anyone realistically see them keeping these servers up for as long as they have starcraft’s or warcraft’s?

:frowning:

1 Like

Then maybe try looking for some of the positive HotS communities. :slight_smile:

3 Likes