My Reaction Video to Blizzard canceling hots

She is a glass cannon. She dishes out massive amounts of damage and is almost always on top of the damage stat scoreboard. She’s got escapes, a cc ult that does good damage, her other ult allows her to move and use vault. Her only weakness is if you get into melee range and start hitting her. If you can survive and if her vault is on cd. The only melee hero i ever was able to use to delete her is Zeratul as i’m really good with him. However the amount of burst damage she’ll pull out before death means i’ll have to retreat after ganking her or trade my life with her’s if she’s with another ally. You can’t really nerf her health as she doesn’t have much anyways and her whole deal is to deal lots of damage, so the only nerf you can really do is make sure that she either commits or doesn’t. Raynor can’t really escape if he commits without peel. Fenix can escape. Valla can escape.

1 Like

I think the easiest nerf you could do is increase the cooldown of Vault pretty significantly (2 seconds?), but in exchange reduce the cooldown by 4 seconds if she fires her empowered basic attack within 1-2 seconds of Vaulting, e.g, buff her engage but if you have counterplay she can’t escape.

1 Like

Nothing really changed then lmao. Just kidding!

But yeah, you’re right, people who’ve been enjoying hots for the last couple years will keep enjoying it. The thing is, this announcement will definitely drive more players away, which will make matches even less enjoyable and even more unfair… which again, will make even more players quit… Just gotta keep playing until it’s not enjoyable for you.

1 Like

tf2 is a great game. valve letting the community keep it alive is a great thing. if blizz let the community make content for this game, and the devs did qal check. i’m sure we could get a content patch ever 6 months. btw tf2 was the best at the medic patch, ~06ish. i played WAAAAYYYY too much of it at college.

1 Like

As long as they are willing to hop in and fix bugs and keep the balance of the game from spiraling out of control over time, I will be okay.

I think the news will make a lot of players leave though. My guess is there are a lot of players who love the game and have been hanging around by the skin of their teeth, praying for content. Those players likely won’t stick around now that their questions have been answered.

That is pretty much how every dead game ends up as. No new content = people will leave.
But since there are so many who likes the game some people will keep staying even tho we wont get a new map/hero the next 2 years again.

The true fans of this game will stay while others will leave. How many are going to leave is unknown tho. Dead servers will properly feel even more dead now and EU/US server will end up having more trolls then ever.

Teaming up in groupes now also gets even more important now since solo que is now officially a hell hole. You want to have fun ? Better team up or end up like me. Gettting teamed up with emojie lords who trolls and feeds and spam emojies when you tell then they will get reported. They dont care. They only que up to troll and force lose you.

1 Like

Exactly! Nothing is changing!

Valla’s problem is she gets way too many free stats and her numbers are too high. ZJ has to work for his stats while valla just gets to certain levels and facerolls. Her level 20s are amazing.

Most of the marksmen are in a bad spot (not looking at any winrates rn just by feels). Tychus isn’t used much. Raynor’s 20 got gutted with no execute unless he really needs an unstoppable that match. Lunara meh. Hanzo only good in master+. Just terrible valla is overtuned as well as the other marksmen sucking

well, that’s your problem.

Tychus is a monster post metal ranks. Shreds through everything, stutter stepping successfully on Tychus gives him good mobility, and he has Odin, one of the best zoning heroics in the game.

Raynor’s range lets him solo lane quite effectively, though this requires freezing the lane rather than just afk soaking. In addition, Adrenaline is quite difficult to kill late-game.

Hanzo isn’t really an AAC. Far more like Chromie or KT where you are relying on hard to hit but powerful skillshots (Scatter being premium among them.)

Lunara is one of the highest win-rate character, but again, is more of a mage (her best build is Q build which deals buttloads of burst DPS)

The only meh AAC is Fenix, but that’s cause the meta doesn’t favor him (hard casted escape sucks in a CC-Burst meta), not because he’s inherently bad.

ZJ… I don’t honestly know too much about. I just see them dying way too frequently assuming that they can 1v5 with Taz’Dingo.

I’d only take raynor when the enemy team’s solo laner ISN’T a bruiser. That’d mean murky or qhira as opponents. You lose out on having the bulk and cc of a bruiser so less of a frontline.

Just saying marksmen are in a really horrible spot despite any winrate. Once valla gets nerfed only ZJ is left and he’s easily counterable too.

I agree its put a time limit on things. But then again all good things come to end eventually. EU waittimes are still so quick I cannot imagine them dying out for a few years. Even NA is playable on occassion and it had over two minute wait times years ago.

1 Like

2017 . I say change and you think lame duck patch’s offered that. A patch is not the change this game needed . adding useless visual content is not the change the game needed. failure to change and adapt to the player base absolutely killed this game . Just as predicted. So your response makes no sense sorry.

Those patches cumulatively added new battlegrounds, updates to existing maps, changes to ranked play, brand new heroes, almost continual reworks of heroes with talent updates and balancing and much more!

Those patches didn’t just add cosmetic items as you assert and in regards to their quality, that is a discussion to be had, albeit a subjective one.

So I’m sorry, your reply makes no sense.

4 Likes

keep the blinders on and believe what you want . clearly objectivity and hindsight has failed you. the sad little patches you are obsessed with did little to nothing to improve gameplay but you seem to spend more time in the forum than in game so you wouldn’t know. so yea my reply makes sense you just lack understanding about the game or are just being willfully ignorant . either way the game is done the reasons why are clear to any not still waving the company flag

You are trolling me and taking personal issue with me simply so you can vent your projected frustrations on me.

I don’t think in any of my posts that I’ve even said a single positive word about Acti/Blizzard, so again you’re wrong.

Those patches added 50 or so new heroes, if you think new heroes and new maps are “little things”, then I won’t bother to convince you otherwise.

Again, unfounded personal attacks are made when you can’t form a convincing and coherent argument.

4 Likes

Just put him on ignore. He is not worth talking to. Waste of time and are always toxic.
He only listen to his own words and always gets mad over anything that goes againts him.

I dont even think he has ever made a civil conversation on this forum without being ultra toxic and bad mouth others.

3 Likes

and that’s a big maybe , Microsoft has a bad habit of shutting down servers .

you sound like you have convinced yourself of a great many things that are just not true but this is to be expected . you offer nothing new . you stand in the wreckage of a game and try to convince me otherwise again nothing new. those patches did more harm than good . listen to your cronies and ignore me it will be easier for you to live with a lie than to face the truth

aware of everyone but yourself 11564

Basis troll counter attack when you cant find anything better to say. As I said. You just a waste of time. I had my account for 7 years no ban yet. A troll like you who gets your account banned comes crying to the forum that you got target banned by a dev.

Your only hobby on this forum is to troll and make eveyone your enemy so enjoy being an enemy of everyone who dont follow way of thinking. Must hurt you very much you got banned since you need to use my post count when you contribute nothing to this forum or to this game at all.

So yea try hader Brokentroll. Maybe you should rename yourself to that cause your name is an insult to crows who 100% are more intelligent then you.

2 Likes