My pointer/mouse can't move around. Invisible window

After foolishly updating to the latest Mac OSX, my game won’t work properly.

My mouse is stuck in what seems like a tiny invisible window to the left of my screen. I’m able to sign in and see the home screen within the game, but can’t move around. My trackpad or mouse both are stuck in this window. I have to force quit out every time.

I tried resetting in-game settings and also scanning/repairing, but nothing works. Anyone run into this before?

1 Like

Hey, junbear. Moved this over to the Mac support forums. This sounds a bit odd occurrence with the invisible window/mouse. If you try pressing CMD+M while Heroes of the Storm is open, does this help bring the invisible window?

There’s a few known issues with Catalina, if you are on the new OS build, we have a list of Mac issues here.

Hopefully it’s just another weird issue with the fullscreen mode and windowed mode will work. If it still happens, do let us know :slight_smile:

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I reinstalled everything, same problem. Once in a while I get a glimpse of a window opening in the background before it goes to full screen, but no way to tile.

How do I switch it to windowed mode?

I have been having this same problem. Command+M has been fixing it.

Thanks for reporting CMD+M (Windowed mode) has been helping, Zentgraf! Icereaper, would you be able to try pressing CMD+M to switch to windowed mode? I’m going to get this added over to our known issues list.

I’m not sure if this issue is directly related to OS X only. I just bought a new MacBook Pro 16". Hots is working on my old MB with the same version of Catalina.
On my new MB I have now exactly the same issue, only on 1/4 of the screen the cursor is working. I assume that this has something todo with the new AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics card of the MB

(BTW but I still have the renderer bug on Sky Temple on my old MB, where the game crashes instantly when you have high renderer settings)

Oh I just found out that the issue is actually the opposite. Hots isn’t using the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M. It was using the Intel UHD Graphics 630. After forcing OS X to use the dedicated Radeon Hots is working again. So still a bug, but I could fix this by disabling the graphics cards options in the energy saving settings

1 Like