My game is lagging (FPS drop), but it mustn't

I have horrible FPS drops.

Here is my laptop specs

• CPU: Core i7-7700HQ.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4/2400.
  • Storage: 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD
  • Display: 15.6-inch 1920x1080 60Hz IPS.

Drivers are up to date (updated today)
Laptop is not overheating (64 celcius CPU, 50+ GPU)
No third parties are running during the game.
No other game has FPS lags, only this game. I can comfortably play latest AAA games on this laptop.
Even the lowest graphic settings are not saving. I turn off the VSYNC, fps becomes 160, still drops 10-20. It can start anytime during the game.
I am using LAN cable, no wi fi
Once again, games that require stronger hardware are not lagging on this laptop.

Please help, it’s impossible to play like this.

4 Likes

I have exactly the same problem since the last patch. I played on max settings before. Even in main menu I have low fps. Reducing graphics doesnt help a bit. Blizzard software engineers can’t program.

1 Like

i have same problem i see too many people complaining about this issue i hope they will fix it soon

2 Likes

Yes, I also used to play on high graphics. Actually graphics changes doesn’t help at all. Low or high graphic, same issues. This is nonsense. I was just playing Crash Bandicoot Insane Triology, which require 5 times more powerful machine, and the game didn’t lag, even for a second!

2 Likes

So we all have this thing, I went in and DDU (deep driver uninstall) everything in safe mode. Did it for nVidia to as I had a 1050Ti before the current Rx 580 Boost and I thought it ‘mei’ be causing issues ;).
The game seems to be using only half the GPU’s capabilities, it is as if either my system or the game is tuned down to use less than before… no fans running anymore when hotsing at high settings. When scrolling everything stutters as if I’m losing fps (big time fps drop).

Heroes has a severe probleme utilizing the CPU, which causes the CPU to bottleneck the graphics card.

Guys, I found something useful. Geforce experience allows to use gaming driver or studio driver (for video editing I guess). I switched to studio driver and the game laggs stopped. I have to put from ultra to high graphic, but still, it’s better than nothing.

Thanks for sharing, Robert! Glad to hear the issue is fixed and that’s an interesting workaround.

1 Like

Well, if anyone else has the same issue, I hope you can advice them to do this too. Because my another friend had the same, studio driver helped him too.

Will do! We have some performance related tracking at the moment and I’ve made this notation and adding this so our support team can be aware of this possibly being a workaround option for the FPS issues. Thanks, again :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, i have an older GTX 760, I ran on ultra graphics for the last 2 years with no issues.
As of last patch i cannot play anymore, the fame drop rate is super high, especially when the storm effect happens.
I tried to install the studio driver but it is not compatable with my card.
So if i want to continue playing i have to get a new card?
Blizzard want to mail me out a new graphics card?

On a side note, i’m happy to see an actual customer support person responding to the forum.

1 Like

just wanted to add that the trick did not work for me. still lagging a lot.

the FPS drop lasts for over a second…I did a clean format, reinstalled win 7 pro 64bit. nothing running,
got a 1060 6gb I used the gaming drivers…
STILL ONLY HOTS has the lag spikes. all hours of the day/night.
never had lag before…
I also run other more intense graphic games on HIGH and online. no lag spikes.

I have the same issue, all was fine last time I played and now, constant stutter no matter what graphic setting I use.

Guys, I changed the driver, it helped. Maybe you guys should try to downgrade your graphic cards and find the optimal one.