Multiple Map Bugs on Mac (with continuing problem list updates)

Overall, my mid-2014 intel core G5 mac running the latest 10.14.6 OS X seems to be running smoother with higher FPS than before, so that’s great. However, quite a few graphics bugs. These bugs tend to be localized to particular parts of each map:

1. Heroes, minions, summons, etc (anything mobile) jump up and down vertically the length of the screen, sometimes magnified larger, sometimes disappear, and sometimes become untargetable

2. Buildings/walls often disappear and become untargetable

Map by map where these issues occurs (I will add to this list as I see them):

Hanamura: middle of the map where carts spawn and where at the end of their paths where they set up and fire.

Volskaya: around the middle forts. Random segments of wall on middle forts and keeps disappear.

Brawls: somewhat, don’t know exactly where, haven’t played enough

Braxis: the bot lane on braxis, especially from the fort to the keep. Segments of lower keep walls disappear

Alterac Pass: the objective area, especially I’m aware of it on at the lower (south) objective

Sky Temple: in middle lane between the two forts (right in the middle) and extending up toward the mid temple area

Infernal Shrines: very bottom of the map between the bottom middle camp, continuing through the lower corridor below the bottom fountains along the edge of the map

Blackhearts Bay: almost the entire bot lane, plus the lower siege giants and doubloon camps area

Edit “about my computer” mac info:
Processor - 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris 1536 MB
OS X Version: 10.14.6
all low quality graphics settings
full screen

Additionally, I can’t left click talents at first, sometimes it takes multiple tries before it registers. I have to use Control+# to choose them.

The bugs don’t tend to vary by game mode, action, hero chosen, or by abilities used. It’s just constant in those certain areas.

*I checked the replays and the bugs don’t show up on them, only during the games themselves. How do we send in replays or screen shots?

8 Likes

Absolutely true. At least Mac-version of the game no playable because of it. All these bugs I have catched too. And no matter what map, its a core problems. This is very important problem all of Mac users.

1 Like

Wait until you play sky temple and BHB lol

I also have this issue, and want to reply and say this is kind of a big deal. I have some troubles selecting talents by clicking, but the main issues come with visual bugs on multiple maps. I personally have noticed it on entire bottom part of blackheart’s bay, upper bridges in dragon shire, and parts of brawls. And sporadically in other maps. The character models disappear, along with minions, and blink in and out of existence maddeningly. Also the terrain outlines are wonky. It all gives me a headache, let alone being able to play the game. Pretty much unplayable in those sections of the maps, although the mechanics still seem to function properly.

Edit: Running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) on mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

1 Like

Having similar issues to the posters above. It seems like most of the graphical glitches are happening on maps that have a “background” below the map that is visible through holes in the map or platforms that open. The glitches are extreme when on parts of the map that have the background visible but not as apparent when there is no background visible on the screen. Bad on volksaya, sky temple, etc, but maps without a background(dragon shire, raven, garden) are all much better. (MAC mini 2013ish, i7, Intel Hd4000, 16gigs ram)

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. It’s a very big deal, and my top priority. Keep sending in reports, replays, information about what you were doing, who you were playing against, and all that. It’s very helpful. The more data we have the better we’ll be able to find the root cause and get a fix out so you can get back to playing.

Information like this is exactly what we need. Also useful would be the info from your About This Mac screen including what it shows next to Processor, Memory, and Graphics, like this:

• Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - Intel Iris 1536 MB
1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

Here’s that about my mac info I neglected the first time:

Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris 1536 MB

Describing the details of the games is tough, as it’s a hard problem to generalize about (it seems somewhat random to me). Although the response below me notes maps with backgrounds may be part of the issue. Like I wrote initially I’ve noticed it particularly bad on blackheart’s bay in the bottom lane and around obj, that whole area. I just had a particularly rough game with junkrat (loving the new rework actually) on that map where things just flash in and out the whole time while doing pretty much any of the normal gameplay stuff, be it teamfight or waveclear or just walking. I’m checking the replay now to see if it shows up in the replay… how would I best get that to you for you to look at?

Edit: So I just checked the replay. Looks like the visual issue still happens but only at the VERY edges and margins of the map, like way at the bottom. Otherwise it looks good! Not like it did in game at all. Should I still send the replay on to you? And how?

1 Like

same problem here

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
processore 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Look, just get a Mac and try to play and you will see all of our problems instantly. This is very easy bugs for us. No matter what is ur heroes or enemies, and nm what is going on there. For “jumping heroes” u just need to walk around some places:

• bridges - f.e. Garden of Terror
  • center of the map - f.e. Sky Temple, Alterac Pass
  • 1st exit of your bot fort (when u r right player) - f.e. Braxis holdout

In Volskaya Foundry u even cant see one of the camp character all game! (when u r right player)
And when u getting anew level u realize u cant to left click on ur avatar. Need to click 4 times or smth like that or 4 times bec u need to find some point where ur clicks will be lucky. Just try the game on Mac and u will see all these bugs…

• Processor - 2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • full screen
  • 1280x800
  • all low quality
1 Like

Same bugs here. Pretty much any map is bugged in different areas where heroes, minions and buildings disappear.

• MacBook Air (13", Mid 2013)
  • Processor: 1,7 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
  • Version: 10.14.6
    all low quality settings
1 Like

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 156.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.18f15

Same bug, cross posted here. Let’s get this fixed hum?

1 Like

Just want to add to the list of problems related to this issue:
Around the bugged out areas that are causing problems, if you are playing as Junk Rat or Hanzo, the white “bounce boxes” are all sorts of off. The boxes just go off at crazy angles or into the sky making the bounce shots that much trickier.

2 Likes

Same issues as above.
Processer: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

1 Like

I’m with same problem
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

This did not happen before the last updates

1 Like
  • macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • 2.,6 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 8 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Intel Iris 1536 Mb
1 Like
  • OS X 10.13.6
  • 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5
  • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Intel HD4000 1536 MB
1 Like

I have been having the same problems on my mac mini 2.6ghz intel i5
8 gb ram
Intel iris 1536

But i can run it just fine on my
2019 macbook pro

1 Like

same issue
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) ,2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 MB

there were no such problems before. what happened?

1 Like

Same problem I think. Terrible on sky temple. Bad on dragon shire a bit. Playing Nova on a mac.

1 Like

After a few days noticed the freezing only happened when I was in full screen mode and alt+tab out of the game. When I tab back in or the game forces a tab in like in a draft after queue, the game screen flickers and it freezes. Sometimes there is a delay, other times it’s instant.