Mouse Offset While using nVidia DSR (higher resolution, scaled down to fit monitor)

Hi,

Up to a week or two ago (and I still can in Diablo III) I could set my Resolution in HOTS to 3840x2160, DSR would scale it back down to 1920x1080. This was done with no bugs using the nVidia Experience app.

This would really make the game look nice, it’d literally take all jagged edges away. Playing on ULTRA settings with such a high resolution made the game look really, really nice and modern.

However, now when I fire up HOTS, my mouse is offset (like the pointer isn’t, but where the game tracks the pointer). Like the game is tracking a mouse in 3840x2160, but displaying it in 1920x1080 which in consequence makes the offset worse the further away you get from the top-left corner. The ONLY fix to this is to go into nVidia Experience and disable the auto-optimization, which will set the resolution back to basic 1920x1080.

Why is it that this DSR option worked up until 2 weeks ago - and still works for Diablo III, but suddenly in HotS the mouse tracking is all wonky? Anything I can do other than setting it to 1920x1080?

3 Likes

Same problem here since the last windows 10 update. In 1920x1080 the game isn’t that smooth anymore, would love to be able to use the 3840x2160 DSR again!

Hi there friends,

While we do not support DSR, we want to help if we can. The main thing I would try here is setting the desktop resolution up to the DSR resolution you desire. This is done through the Nvidia control panel where you change resolution. This has worked for me on a few games, just passing on help I can.

Let us and others know if this helps or not.

/Nathardrick

I’m currently having this problem and I have tried to adjust my settings in the Nvidia control panel with no avail. It’s strange because the issue seems to come and go. Although as of today, I can’t seem to get it to fix itself by alt+tab out of the game and exiting the game and then restarting it. No idea what else to try.

I was able to “fix” this by going into my GeForce experience and letting it “optimize” the game. I don’t actually know what that does - it was automatic when I selected HotS inside the GeForce Experience client but it definitely fixed this problem

I just tried that, still doesn’t work. The mouse cursor is still around 5 lines above the visual location of the cursor. The result is that I cannot access the in-game settings and look for a solution there.

same here i tried that fir me its like alot that the mouse is offsetting, bot abonve and to the left of the cursors actual position

Something that may also help with the mouse cursor not clicking in the correct location is to reset the game settings through the Blizzard app. When you start the game again it will re-detect your setup and should have the mouse clicking in the correct location.

This just worked for me. Thank you.

I tried this but still the mouse is offset would like to use 3840x2160 reso for hots. But in diablo III and StarCraft 2 there is no problem.

I’ve tried this but still the same thing mouse is still offset, I’m currently using GeforceGTX 1060 6GB and a Samsung monitor UE590