Mouse area limited upon launch after 49.0 (DW patch)

Upon launch, my mouse can only move around in 2/3 of the area of the screen (anchored to the top left). Can’t move mouse to the bottom or right sides.

This is fixed by cmd+tab’ing out and back in.

Mac OS 10.15.1
2017 iMac Retina 5K 27"

4 Likes

I’m having this issue too. The game launch seems buggy in general. What happens is there is a bunch of screen flickering that now happens while the desktop is still displayed. There is also a small app window that appears on the desktop. Once the game finishes launch the mouse is being constrained within the bounds of that small app window, even though the game is now displayed full screen.

macOS 10.14.6
Mac Pro / 12 GB / AMD FirePro D300 2GB

I’m having the same problem as well.
Mojave (latest build)

Lets try the instructions listed in this thread. Let us know if this works!

Note, if the command+tab function results in a black screen please try running the game in Window Mode.

Have the same issue on my 2019 MBP. I couldn’t even fix it by doing command+tab because my screen would just freeze to black. So I ended up having to go into battle.net settings, game settings, additional arguments and adding -displaymode 1 or something like that. Then I was able to launch in windowed mode without locked mouse or black freeze screen.

For me Command + M was helping me out of this issue. The game is not minimized but you can reach each area of the game after this key combination.

I guess this is an issue all mac users are facing because of the rescaling which is done before the game starts (based on the window).

Hint: Maybe there is a way to maximize the window on game startup programmatically - this should fix the issue.

Btw. the testing took me 5 minutes.

That does solve the problem immediately, as mentioned in the original post, but the issue comes back every time I start the game. It’s not a huge problem. Just wanted to file the bug that this is now happening on launch, every time.

1 Like

Good to see that this is a workaround.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue, cursor is movable only in a left upper screen (using fullscreen mode, not windowed fullscreen). ⌘+H remedies this issue, but if you quit the game, and start again, you have to do the same every time you launch the game.

Catalina 10.15.1