More heroes from the Nexus?

Do you think we’ll be seeing more Nexus heroes? Would you like more Nexus exclusive heroes?

We’ve gotten two by now, and their reception was…let’s say mixed.

I personally don’t see the point in them. I mean Warcraft alone has enough potential heroes for every month in the next 5 years, not even mentioning the other 3 IPs.

2 Likes

Blizz said in a relatively recent q&a that they have no plans to release more nexus heroes

8 Likes

As long its done right , i dont mind.

Orphea , she was done right. Good teaser ,story and meaning to the events of the nexus
Quira , not so done right. Felt like she came out of now where and was more like a token character than anything else.

4 Likes

Were gonna see the children of The Dragon knight the sun and moon

5 Likes

I don’t mind them, as long as they’re given a proper build up and not dropped out of nowhere like Qhira was. In fact, I still think Blizzard should release some short stories explaining her Lore and how she interacts with various heroes.

I’m pretty sure if they do put more nexus heroes, it’s gonna be the DK’s children. I think they’re gonna be like Kindred from LoL.

3 Likes

I like Nexus heroes. In fact, we need more of them.

4 Likes

Probably, but not anytime soon.

No. I feel that they could use that time to add heroes that people have been asking for instead of heroes that no one has ever heard of before. And before people say “But OC Heroes let the Dev team flex their creative muscles!”, Mei let the Dev team flex their creative muscles AND add a hero that people have been asking for at the same time. They don’t have to 100% translate the hero from their original game, as long as they fit the theme of the Hero. That gives the Dev team a lot of creative flexibility.

5 Likes

Let’s add more nexus heroes, but

only after we run about of options from other Blizzard franchises!

Seriously, Qhira was so badly received, (the only spotlight video with more dislikes than likes and full of “who is this nobody” comments), I am sure we won’t get nexus hero for a really looong time.

4 Likes

Nexus heroes are fine so long as they feel like Nexus heroes. Orphea feels like she comes from Heroes of the Storm, the same way Probius feels like he comes from StarCraft or Lunara from WoW. She represents an aspect of her franchise.

Qhira failed because she isn’t tied into Heroes of the Storm at all. She literally came from a made-up place and she uses made-up technology and powers. It’s so out of left field. Qhira is like if they added a blob made of milk and slapped the StarCraft tag on it, and were like “Milkius is totally a StarCraft character, you’ve just never heard of his race or planet and never will!”

9 Likes

So I think I’ll answer the other part of the question now that I’m on a computer again.

I do not want to see more nexus heroes. I won’t reiterate the points that have been made countless times, but I will say that in a vacuum, they aren’t a bad idea. The real issue is how few heroes we get these days. The game is crowded enough with 4 universes waiting on heroes. I’d rather not have 2 year waits for a SC hero become the norm just because they decided to add nexus originals.

3 Likes

If they do release more nexus heroes, i dont want them to be humanoid. If theyre going to get creative, get real creative.

3 Likes

I like them and I hope there’re more in the future. However, I think finding the right pace and moment is necessary. Build up the character first so we can cheer for them -like Orphea-, give us something else other than 3 lines of text. And of course there would be less Nexus heroes than any other franchise, 1/year-2years would be fair I think, but depends on how the new hero realease pace is going to be.

3 Likes

Thank god, who has time for that junk now with 1-2 heroes a year…

If it gets some backstory and lore weeks before getting released, it’s fine. Like Orphea. But if it’s something like Qhira who just came out of nowhere, then it’s not good.

Please take a break from Warcraft heroes for a while. Starcraft and Overwatch got almost void number of heroes (Even tho we just got one from Overwatch)

4 Likes

You won’t believe some of the hardcore lore fans, even on this forum. If the move or item wasn’t exactly like the character from the lore, they’ll cry, say the devs didn’t do a good job, and that they didn’t stay faithful to the canon lore

That might be more for Warcraft lorers and not so much overwatch since there’s less lore? There’s still a move set from overwatch too so no idea why we didn’t see more crying from hardcore mei fans?

1 Like

I too think Li-Ming needs nerfed.

the only hero i would want from the nexus is the raven lord, but outside of that theres many more from other universes i prefer

I could find something : Valeera & Orphea need nerfed.
Find! I thank that some of these heroes didn’t have balance fixed for that.

I would like to see more of them.