More heroes from the Nexus?

I´m quite interested in what the dev team pushes out when they are not bound by some characters lore from another game, plus building the Nexus lore is always neat.

They said they will release more Nexus heroes, just none of the currently in development heroes are Nexus heroes.

That could be interesting; we´re still lacking a Nexus healer for example. Or rather, we do not have anything but Nexus assassins so far.

1 Like

If i wanted to go play as OC heroes i’d be in any other Moba. I play hots for the Blizzard Characters, not for the made up heroes.

imagine if Smash put in random OC characters from the Subspace Emissary instead of someone like Snake or Banjo

2 Likes

An electrical creature that looks otherworldly?
A unicorn?
A ghost that looks like Boo from Mario universe?
A mushroom monster?
The king of stars?
Huge dinosaur? (warcraft has dinosaur inspirations)

1 Like

Nexus Heroes are not a real issue per se, the problem is how they’re implement: for Orphea they teased her for a year (more or less) and build some decent background with extra content with a dedicated comic.
Sha had the same dept that any OW character had when that franchise was released.
No problem there.

The issue was with Qhira: she has been put into the game out of the blue, with just a couple of generic info as background (she’s a bounty hunter from a lost Realm).
That made her like a completly generic toon that no one could really be interested in (from a lore point of view).
That’s the wrong way to do it.

Since the list of “most wanted” is so big here, they should really be very carefull when building a completly Nexus-born Hero because it will need a lot more effort to create a decent story and hype around.

Sadly, considering the downsize of the Devs team and the current situation of HotS, they’ve said that there is no plan to release a new Nexus Hero any time soon (maybe never).