Mm and lack of avoidance

My favorite part of this game is when you get two of the players who trolled you yesterday and they have a history of 8 losses in a row and you get matched with them a day later in your very first game.

Blizzard you make a quality product.

Apparently there was once a perfectly legit top end player in overwatch who was avoided by so many players that he/she (no one actually knows who this player is and no top players have ever actually reported this) had 10 hour queue times. So they decided to completely scrap the avoid player system because of this one case that no one actually has any information about.

This was also right before they implemented their new matchmaking system.

One of the best Widowmaker players in the world complained to us about long queue times. We looked into it and found that hundreds of other players had avoided him (he’s a nice guy – they avoided him because they did not want to play against him, not because of misbehavior). The end result was that it took him an extremely long time to find a match.

Why would they lie about that? Masses of people were avoiding that top Grand Master just to avoid playing against him. Not because the player was toxic or bad.

Being able to only block teammates is not a good idea either, then it ensures you get to block bad players while ensuring you get to play against them.

I don’t work for Activision or blizzard, so I don’t know if they lied or why. I just laid out the facts we have about it. A legitimate top player was avoided by so many other players their queue was incredibly long. No one has ever said who this player was and no player has ever come forth and said it was them. I’ve watched a lot of the top overwatch streamers and YouTube and I’ve never heard one mention of this from everyone. In fact, I’ve never seen multiple grandmasters avoiding the same nova.

If you know who that particular player was, I’d be very interested in digging into what happened more.

The point remains that people keep wanting this system due to the lack of real team mates in the game. Afking and feeding is so out of hand in this game and chat is so toxic that its not even worth having on. Something needs to be changed.

1 Like

There is also another player who got silenced simply for playing a lot of the same hero but they overturned his silences, since nothing about being good on 1 hero and playing him/her over and over is “abusive chat”. (And that article has his nickname+ full real life name)
Silences are triggered automatically upon about 20 reports but reviewed manually.

People just hit that report category so they don’t have to face the player.

It looks like most of the silences were upheld because they agreed his actions didn’t help the team. I don’t believe that the automatic silence system is perfect, but I do believe that players having the option to avoid playing with other players they don’t like is important. It doesn’t matter the reason they don’t want to play with them. And it should prevent them from playing against that player on their team or on the enemy team.

If so many other players are avoiding you that you can’t get into matches, the problem is you. I’m sure that the first situation was exactly the same as the second one you linked. A player only wanting to play widowmaker and refusing to switch roles to help the team. They deserve to be avoided and need to start being a team player. The avoidance system does the job perfectly.

And what happens when thousands of players have a hundred avoidances active at every moment for arbitrary random reasons like “he plays too much Raynor” or “he didn’t come to the last teamfight”?

Que times extend to 2 hours as it tries to find a match where nobody has any of the 9 other players blacklisted, and you start another thread asking why are the que times so high.

this is your opinion. Official statement from Jeff was that onetricking is allowed and won’t be punished

the avoidance system enables mobbing, which is not it’s job

Then players will start taking a step back and realizing they need to pick and choose who is actually worth avoiding. The state of the game already proves that blizzard doesn’t have the manpower to police everyone.

The mere fact that you believe the player base is so toxic that everyone is going to avoid hundreds of players is evidence that blizzard is not handling the situation currently. The only thing that is going to save this game is letting players avoid others so the community as a whole can punish the toxic players.

And why is that a bad thing? Let the bads get grouped together and fall to the bottom of the ladder.

This game is filled with more bads than good. Like its not even a close comparsion either, its like 90% bad, 10% good. I can name endless stories on where players were doing something completely stupid in diamond while clearly showing their 33% win rate cause they were boosted

At what comiccon convention are you getting your information?
I mean i will agree that Diamond is garbage, like D5 or D3 is just utter trash.
But endless stories of people being boosted with 33% winrate is just a plain lie.

You seem to just be spewing negativity in every thread your inn.
I can only assume that your sitting at a low rank since your hating everything so much.

People wont only block bads, they will do the same thing they did in Overwatch and block good players too.

Which is why Overwatch no longer has the avoid option. It was vastly used to block good players from ever finding a match because they were on so many peoples’ block lists.

theres avoid in ow but they can be on your team

Diamond 3 actually and I check the win rate of everyone I am matched with. I have decided to quit this trash game cause the company does nothing to fix the problems in teh game and will not listen to any of the community, Take care and hope you enjoy the 30min wait times cause in a year that is what you gonna be dealing with due to a even smaller player base than now.

And you will return in a month or two because you realize that your complaints are the player base not the “company”.

Silly to think that when players do you wrong or atleast when you THINK the players do YOU wrong it is the creators of the games fault.

You are so special it is freaking funny. The company is responsible for dealing with the player base. This company ignores all of its problems and sweeps it under the rug.

Let me guess your the person who goes into walmart and when something is mispriced, you blame the casher and not the company? Well guess what buddy this is the same thing.

Blizzard ignores its afks, the bad matchmaking, the trolling and all of it. Feel free to find my account and watch it. This trash game is dead. You say i will be back in a month or two and i laugh cause I wont be. Enjoy the deag game kid.