Melke’s Overdramatic goodbye thread

yeah well we know that for next time provided i"m willing to try that again when I come back

Thanks for making Chrono Trigger 2 for me. You’re so nice! :disappointed_relieved:

what dat?
whatever it is I doubt it has much in common with my current project.

You know, being involved in gaming and not knowing what Chrono Trigger is is, pretty much Blasphemy. I shouldn’t even still talk to you…

Hey tell us more about this Melke

A treat for anyone who loves Qhira by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsQPL0TTwA

2 Likes

A combat platformer that has 2 characters with different mobility, puzzles and challenges revolving around getting both of them through levels and using their unique skills at opportune times to defeat bosses.

that’s my elevator pitch, what do you think?

While that very first ply hurt me so so much the rest of the video was nice. even the missed skillshots weren’t that bad but that first one. ow.

I’m not going to apologize

2 Likes

But how do I buy loot boxes?

You shouldn’t apologize to me, you should apologize to the gods of gaming.

Reminds me of the kind of game I aspire to make myself

Minus the platformer part

I think it is a really cool concept and I sincerely hope you succeed

Is it a 2D or 3D game?

What kind of graphics would it have?

Which platforms would it be available on?

Could it have CoOp?

If I worked for EA or Activision do you think I’d have the time to be on these forums and not slaving my coding hands to the bone to make impossible deadlines?

1. 2D if only to keep it simple because I’m a one man show on literally all accounts right now and pixel art is all I know from an animation standpoint.
    2.Pixel art of a moderately detailed nature.
  2. PC for sure, though I’m sure I can make it Controller friendly.
  3. it could we’d have to see, that might take a bit of extra level design though since the base game has a few sections where one hero is cut off from the other for a time, the two having different mobility effects.
1 Like

That part could be made single-player only or have player one and two be given different levels that take place simultaneously

I would like to play your game if it gets made

That would defeat the primary purpose of the game that being the platforming puzzles to get both playable characters through a single level with their vastly different mobility tools.

If both characters are away from one another in the game and do not meet on those parts then why would the players playing them at the time need to connect with one another in a CoOp situation?

The puzzles to get both of them through.
I don’t know exactly dude the game is primarily single player and I’m designing the base game accordingly.

The best thing on Chrono Trigger is the soundtrack:

1 Like

Why does the art remind me of Dragon Ball?

I understand

CoOp is definitely a feature that adds a lot of life to games so developing a game with that in mind could result in something sweet

I hope you succeed in your passion and make a game remembered and loved by many one day

Damn son :frowning:
Best of luck with your project, I hope you’ll have fun and success with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

SHIIIIIIZZAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sorry, on a Jojo kick. Good luck ahead, Melke. Maybe we’ll meet again somewhere in another game, in another time, and we’ll be allies then. For now, remember the good times in the Nexus!

1 Like