Meet the Chilly Mountain - Heroes Hearth CCL team draft

Heroes Hearth CCL continued with player draft last weekend. For me an important part of esports is getting to know the players so I can choose a team to root for. This recut of the full draft should serve as an introduction to the new team through information about the player skill, playstyle and their video/photo (if available).

Here is link to the video

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to this season of CCL. All of the drafts looked pretty much spot on, and I am interested to see how the EU and NA play styles will mesh. I admit to having a fondness for Mascarade and Lauber, as I have learned a number of tanking tricks watching them, so those are the two teams I am most likely to cheer for.

1 Like

Definitely it is hard to say who is going to be the strongest. I did not know what to expect from the draft but it looks like it will make the season really interesting. I will admit tha I used to be Misfits/MyInsanity/Liquid fan, so currently Chilly Mountain with Darkmok and 30K with Hasu look like they might be my favorite teams.

1 Like

I still donā€™t get moba esports.

But maybe thatā€™s my elitist SC1 watching roots coming through :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say give it a try. There are going to be icebreaker matches tomorrow. Or you can check my highlight video from the first exhibition weekend. For me it is about the combination of great plays and great casting.

I just played a match with Dynouh, leveling his NA account.

It was very educational!

1 Like

Mascaradeā€™s Diablo was taking names even before he was power spiked by reduced cd on his CC.

I canā€™t imagine what itā€™s like now.

1 Like

to anyone reading, please note, this is my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/THOUGHTS. If you live watching Hots (or any other) esport, great! I am delighted for you that it brings you enjoyment/fun!

I guess that is part of it. Most of the big plays I see are coordination based, or knowledge/choice based in moba games.

There are few heroes where I can admire the mechanics, which is a large part of what makes SC1 (and SC2 to lesser degree) feel so epic to me.

Not saying mechanically amazing stuff doesnā€™t happen, just, well. I can pull off (MECHANICALLY) most things Iā€™ve seen in HotS pro play. And teamwork is, wellā€¦ thatā€™s not impressive for me to watch personally. It doesnā€™t give me a ā€œwow, I wish I could do thatā€ or ā€œIā€™m going to try to do thatā€. Because most of it is stuff I ā€˜knowā€™ I can do it mechanically speaking.

Meanwhile, well, uh, Wellā€¦ Iā€™m not even going to try to micro against scourge in SC1.