Matchmaker doesn't even try anymore

15 seconds to find a game for a 20 minute crapshoot. No tank or bruisers (meaning picking Tychus was pointless). What happened to the 30 second filtered such rule? Were people whining about that too? Heaven forbid we have to wait more than a minute for the game to find a match of somewhat decent quality.

/salt

3 Likes

Your salt belongs in the salt mines.

By which I mean the thread intended for rants and venting.

Unless you wish to be taken seriously and you had a point to discuss here.

2 Likes

I do believe I heard they were releasing a mode called unranked so that you could choose your characters based on what the enemy team was drafting but I could be wrong.

(:

2 Likes

Imagine taking a tank and having 4 ranged asassins as mates.
Well sorry i can just alt f4 and try again anyway.

And there’s one per thread about some goofball who thinks I haven’t heard of unranked before. We get it, you don’t play QM or you believe QM should be literally unfun, move along.

1 Like

Tychus need no tank or bruiser. I recently lvled him up to 15 in QM and won most of my games.

Enemy is mostly ranged? Pick extra AA range at lvl 1.
Always go the laser Heroic and place it aggressively so it defends objectives like Tribute/Seed.
Pick selfsustain.
Get camps. Tychus can get most camps with fair amount of effort.
And % based dmg kills everyone at the same rate, but your non-% based dmg abilities harm squishies more in relation to big hp pools.

“Fat-Valla” is awesome.

2 Likes

You are just as accountable as anyone else when your team lack a certain role.

2 Likes

What if I told you… I literally play everyone?

No seriously. I play everyone. I don’t random (because their randomizer sucks), but I do use a randomizer site for which hero I play. The problem is universal. I play a tank, stuck without a healer. I play healer, stuck without any peel. Play a melee assassin, guess what, you’re the frontline.

It’s not fun.

I just want the matchmaker to TRY. 2 minutes. Just 2 minutes of trying to find a match where both teams have a tank, healer, and at least 1 ranged assassin. I don’t even care what the other heroes are in the bracket. If after 2 minutes, it can’t find anything, fine, I’ll play a clown fiesta. Just… TRY to find something.

1 Like

Then what have you done to prevent yourself from being put into such team composition?

You should’ve learnt it in QM that there is no Hero or Role which requires another role to be able to shine if the other team lacks that role as well.

Which Tank gets useless without a Healer?
Which Healer lacks self peel options?
Which melee Assassin can’t initiate or punish mistakes?

(Sidenote: lvled Kerri to 15 at the same time as I did with Tychus, both QM, both 60%+ wr this season.)

1 Like

My queues usually go for 1min and I have tank + healer + ranged + 2 flex in 70-80% of them.

Well, you’re right. I could just stop playing the game entirely. I don’t like Unranked or Ranked, so stop trying to suggest them.

Karabars - ‘useless’ is a loaded term. They’re not useless, but man is it that much more difficult to play. A healer with a lack of self-peel is whitemane, entirely. However, must of the other healers don’t have decent peel anyway (with the exception of Uther, god of hammers). Pretty much all melee assassins can, but that doesn’t work when the only option to stop the enemy team grabbing a tribute is to yolo in and hope follows up.

I GET IT. You CAN do it. It’s not FUN. I have a 68% winrate on Kerrigan in QM, I know I CAN do it. It can be better.

Darak- My queues usually go on for about 30 seconds, and I’m extremely lucky if it’s a balanced comp.

So, literally nothing? At this point, it’s clear that if the game doesn’t hand you free wins, it isn’t “trying”. Tell you what, the one that isn’t even trying here is yourself.

So you don’t have problems result-wise but fun-wise?

What do you dislike in these modes?

And is there any reason you can’t at least duo-q in QM so your team has a Tank, a Healer and will probably get 3 Assassins?

Because what I see is that you don’t like draft, and you don’t like QM either unless you get a “meta-comp”. Which shouldn’t be enforced not even in draftmodes.

2 Likes

I don’t get why people complain about QM…

Unless someone is obviously trolling and throwing, why do you care what build he goes?
Want to play fulfilling match? go UR or SL.

If you don’t, shut up and stop complaining.

When did I once give the indication I cared about wins? I enjoy lost games when the enemy team outplayed, even if too many matches are stomp or be stomped (which is inevitable and I’m not complaining about that). Are you accomplishing anything with this condescending nonsense? Unless you have a suggestion for why you don’t think a 2 minute window where it tries to find a balanced match is a good idea, what are you doing here?

Karabars- Correct, I find games with balanced comps to overall more fun. It means less time spent going back to base or having narrow opportunities to strike, or just sometimes not having to yolo with the hopes I might not die.

I dislike draft mode because if you’re not playing meta, you’re kneecapping yourself. I’m not gonna be that jackhole who expects a team to cater to my hero picks, either.

Playing with friends is also a commitment. I like to one game, sit down and do other things, then play another game after I’ve cooled off. It gets me in the best mindset (regardless of whether I won or lost the previous match).

Why shouldn’t it be enforced? At least to a small degree? Not in unranked draft, but QM did it, to apparently positive results. The only reason they stopped was because a a small audience was getting WAY too wait times to get into match (which I get). So… if it was positive results, why not just compromise?

Lastai- How about screw off? :slight_smile:

It’s my personal take, so Blizz decides, does as they want and I adept.
But I dislike enforced comps in QM because it’s managable to win without meta comps (so without a Healer or a Tank) even at high leagues so ppl has less opportunities to learn about what certain Heroes can and can’t in the extremes.

That’s one of the reasons why I play QM. So I can see how much I can do with Hero XY if the environment highlights their weaknesses.
Fighting against your counters and against the odds, while no one can blame you [me] for the disadvantage we’re fighting against.
It also makes picking talents and building your Hero more intriguing.

Tldr: imo QM’s chaos teaches those who care to listen how to draft and build on their own, so they don’t just blindly follow the meta.

2 Likes

Not quite a thinker, are you? You thought there is a problem, but you didn’t do anything yourself to fix it.

That makes 3 people.

So, you only need 3 people.

There ya go, party up with 2 other players and you’re good to go with your “dream team composition”. But nope, instead of doing that, you decided to whine on the forum.

Which… I understand, and I guess this is where it genuinely comes down to a difference in taste. I like to be able to pick a champ and be able to use that champ to a degree in QM that I’m not experiencing a huge climb just to be useful. Hell, that’s the reason I DON’T play League, because the dice loaded against you in that game is that much harder to come back from.

2 minutes, or hell, even 1 minute. 1 minute the matchmaker LOOKS for a standard comp. At this point, ARAM has more of that, and I’d play a lot more of it if it allowed all Heroes (seriously, it doesn’t make sense to ban certain heroes while allowing other dominators like Zuljin to stay in).

Nah, but nice try,

You should accept the fact that QM is the fun mode in this game and also it will never be balanced. It just can’t be balanced.

It was partially balanced long ago when the population of hots was like 3x which is left now, you had quite long waiting times and you could get mirror matches.
Then QM was I would say “balanced”.