Matchmaker doesn't even try anymore

Or, the devs could do what they previously did to positive results?

Again, why are you here outside of being condescending?

they tried that. queue times got stupid when they implemented mandatory 3 role matching. they tried to do too much.

my thoughts on that were that they should have only made tank and healer mandatory matching. everything else fill with whats available. if they did that then things would have been ok imo.

He gave a valid reason why he doesn’t plays in a party.
Your comments usually give the impression that you don’t read just want to bash at everyone :thinking:

3 Likes

Except, they did balance, you goofball. :confused:

There’s still an ‘even team’ balance in the match where tanks match against tanks, healers match against healers, and hell supports match against supports. Hell, I think they try to match teams with bruisers too. So your logic is off there.

To both Morgoth and Lastai. Which is why I said ‘compromise’. It looks for a match for a certain number of minutes, then releases the restrictions. It had this for awhile too, but 30 seconds of looking before expanding is just abysmal. Apparently, those restrictions are gone too, anyway.

Yeah, because it mostly boils down to the number of players, which is abysmal.

You can’t have proper matchmaking when there is not enough population. So you either have clownfiesta or 15 minutes waiting times…

1 Like

I’m simply telling you a solution to fix your problem without having to rely on intervention from other people. Or rather, it would resolve your problem regardless of what other people do. Maybe you’re shocked by the simplicity of it. But no need to thanks me.

We get it, you’re a condescending jack-off with no intention of having a real conversation or even listening. Go stalk someone else.

Lastai - Third time now, COMPROMISE. If you guys are gonna comment, can you at least READ what I said?

So, in your opinion, not agreeing with you is

Then, what’s your intention of starting a topic, if you only want to see people saying “yes” to your idea?

If you actually paid attention to the conversation, you’d see Kharabars and I had a perfectly reasonable conversation where we exchanged opinions with one another without flaming.

1 Like

Ok, but how do you imagine the compromise?

there were partial mirror matches --> people were complaining
there were longer waiting times --> people were complaining
there was need for tank and healer --> bloated waiting times so peopel were complaining
there were no rules at all --> people were complaining

how would you solve the QM issue and QM matchmaking?

well its not just you who don’t have a tank the enemy team doesn’t have a tank as well but ill be honest some times the mm creates some dump matches i remember a game we were 4 mages and varian vs a full dive comp (illi - buther and some other cant remember them)

Read my responses above and you will find your answer.

Said this ages ago.

Let people that don’t mind spending 2-3 minutes in a queue tick a little box that says “hey you, yes you… do you actually want a fun game with a balanced team, or do you prefer having to be the tank as Alarak (btw you have facing 3 mages megalolz), then tick here!”

2 Likes

Back in my day we could wait north of ten minutes waiting for an Enfo’s lobby to pop, but noooooo, thirty seconds and people throw in the towel.

Regardless, comp is always a problem beyond draft modes. 15, 30 second queues, no matter. It’ll be hectic regardless.

1 Like

Didn’t Blizzard say in an AMA that they were thinking of adding some kind of “enforce meta comp” button for QM?

Actually I mostly play QM, but good assumption.
MM in QM isn’t supposed to be perfect. That is literally what drafting is for. You can’t draft perfectly in QM because well, it’s RANDOM.

It does attempt to make an effort to give each team a similar line up in regards to tank, heals, DPS. Sometimes it doesn’t. Oh well, it is quick match.

1 Like

I’m not asking for perfect, but good assumption. :wink:

And no, given the fact that the 30 second barrier doesn’t even matter anymore, it doesn’t even bother to try.

Some people still really think matchmaker even try to balance things up ?

As if it can balance number of potatoes…

The matchmaker is a beta test of balance.
What the op says about compositions is accurate.
It gives full burst comps vs wave clear.
It gives mulitple tanks vs none.
It gives 3 mages vs dive+AA
It gives everything but anything close to fun.

1 Like