Major mouse issues with confined cursor enabled

Hello, this is an issue that has happened in the past multiple times but got fixed after some patches(i don’t remember if it was a Hots patch or a OSX update). Since the latest Hots patch the problem is back though and it makes the game unplayable when it happens, which it strangely enough only sometimes does. Sometimes in the middle of a game, sometimes in the menus, and sometimes right from the beginning when loading up Hots. The mouse stutters and lags and is barley controllable in fullscreen mode or any mode with confined cursor enabled. I don’t have any third party applications running like BetterTouchTool etc and my OSX is up to date. anything i can do? or just wait until it gets fixed?

Hey there Cheese,

To clarify, this was happening in all 3 game modes?

• Fullscreen
  • Windowed Full Screen
  • Windowed

I did also want to verify which setting the Confine Mouse Cursor was on:

• Off
  • On
  • Smart

Please also include information about what mouse is being used if any. Such as brand and model. Testing a different mouse temporarily may also be a good step to verifying the root cause of this issue.

Let us know. Thanks!

Thank you for the reply. i’m using a razer deathadder but i’ve tried others too and it doesn’t fix the problem. I forgot to mention that i’m playing on a 2nd Monitor though.
It happens whenever the mouse cursor is confined so in both Fullscreen and Windowed Full Screen. There is no stuttering in Windowed mode but since i play on a 2nd Monitor i can’t play like this because my mouse jumps to the other monitor when i hit the edge.
also i started getting macOS messages sometimes when i open up Hots, telling me that it is not optimize for my Mac and that it has to be updated + it won’t be supported by future versions of macOS.

Hey again,

Quick question. Is the touchpad being disabled while the mouse is plugged in?

sorry for the late response, the touchpad is not disabled while the mouse is plugged in. should that have an effect?

I’m having this issue as well with my confine setting to OFF it’s still confining the cursor when going between windowed and full screen modes. This last update is total trash.

1 Like