[Main thread] Preparing game data / 137mb Download on HOTS

Same thing keeps happening. Whatever was in the patch did not fix it.

1 Like

I suddenly wanted to play Abathur last night. Abathur is a fun way to play.
So I open the game. It said I need an Update.
Well, I admit I haven’t played in a long time.
But when I turned it on again today, it needed Update again.
Well, I seem to recall the reasons why I don’t play this game anymore.

Let me pay homage in my native language —— 吔屎啦,风暴英雄。

This is still and issue for me, how long is it now, 5 months?

This is still a thing. Is there a fix on the works, Blizz?

1 Like

Howdy y’all,

Just want to chime in here and let everyone know that the original issue was fixed back in March. If you are still seeing the game update every time, then this may be due to a local permission issue or potentially a new bug.

To help narrow this down, I would recommend that y’all go through some basic steps first like making sure the Blizzard app is launched as Admin. You can enable this setting by going into the Blizzard app install folder and right-clicking the Battle.net and Battle.net Launcher files and click Properties > Compatibility and check ‘Run this program as administrator’. This should ensure that new updates and files are able to be saved.

I tried that, and while it now asks me if I want to allow those programs to make changes to my computer, it still does the phantom update when I leave the game.

1 Like

In this case, I’d recommend going through the rest of the steps here to rule out other common causes. If this persists then create a support ticket with your MSinfo so we can investigate what is causing a problem for you specifically.

Since the original bug has been resolved I am going to close this thread. If anyone has any similar installation problems in the future, please create a new thread or create a support ticket.