[Main thread] Preparing game data / 137mb Download on HOTS

PolloFrito,

They have been able to replicate the issue with the Preparing Game Data and are currently working on a fix to release in the future. Here is a post from a Blue for more information on that: Preparing Game Data

I have the same issue here! Still no fix.

this never gonna be fixed coz blizzard doesnt care about prepaid users

When I exit the game, the Blizzard App gives me a notification that there’s a game update and it downloads something.
This seems weird that there would be a game update after I exit the game, if I launch the game twice in the same day it still does it each time.

1 Like

It’s pretty common in clients like battlenet or steam where you’d have save/settings data sync to the cloud after closing a game. I believe you could always see it in the client window, but maybe the notification settings have been changed recently. I’ve noticed that too, but couldn’t remember if I changed any of my settings, what with all the reinstalls trying to fix this.

Man, 137, so close to being leet, just missing…a whole decimal, lol. Analogy material.

Hello again,

Patch 55.2 (version 2.55.2.87774) has released today. This issue should be resolved now. Please make sure Heroes of the Storm gets updated in the Battle.net app and then try launching via the Play button again.

Let us know if everything looks good or if you’re still encountering the download when launching. Thanks!

7 Likes

Hello!

The 137mb download seems to be fixed after this patch BUT the Battle.net app keeps asking for an update after I have quit HoTS. Everytime I close game, battle.net is STILL asking for an update then reclaims space. This bug hasn’t been fixed still. I have reinstalled battle.net and deleted all traces, still no fix so far.

I can confirm the 137mb download is fixed. But like others said battle.net still tries to update the game every time you close it.

1 Like

I’m one of those who still has B.net do an update each time I log out. :frowning:

3 Likes

Please fix the remaining bug which is the battle.net constant updating something to the game after every game exit.

2 Likes

I am still getting “Preparing Game Data” and the launcher trying to update HotS each time. At least I am not getting the 137MB patch each time?

Time to punt the launcher again and just run it directly from the executable. I guess the only thing I “miss” are the ads. lol

3 Likes

Yes, there is “preparing game data” message but it’s no longer downloading 137MB, that is fixed. The launcher it is indeed still bugged as I said twice above it is still updating HotS everytime I exit game.

3 Likes

As the others, seems I don’t have the 137MB patch anymore. But Battle net still tries to update when I close HotS. And now it happens I don’t see my friendlist…

1 Like

Yeah same for me. No 138 but lancher says updating after I close HOTS (after palying).

2 Likes

Any news? Could the launcher update bug be fixed? It’s annoying as every time after I play a match, I close the game and battle.net asks for an update.

1 Like

It’s still bugged, still changes the Play button to an Update button in the launcher after I exit HotS and won’t allow me to play the game again until the Update button is clicked and then one has to wait as it wastes time doing seemingly nothing (reallocating space despite that there was no download).

yep, still happening

1 Like

Same thing keeps happening. Whatever was in the patch did not fix it.

1 Like

I suddenly wanted to play Abathur last night. Abathur is a fun way to play.
So I open the game. It said I need an Update.
Well, I admit I haven’t played in a long time.
But when I turned it on again today, it needed Update again.
Well, I seem to recall the reasons why I don’t play this game anymore.

Let me pay homage in my native language —— 吔屎啦,风暴英雄。

This is still and issue for me, how long is it now, 5 months?