[Main Thread] Log in as administrator / Update loop

i still have the problem :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, bad news, the problem has returned. I’m downloading the 137 ghost patch again as I type these words. It is strange because it did not happened early in the day, but now is all the mess again.
Too bad, thought they had really fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Uninstalled the battle.net app, deleted all the app data contents and HotS folder in documents. Emptied recycle bin (why?). Reinstalled. HotS updated. Closed battle.net and reopened. Wanted an update again. Tried to update and “We couldn’t access a folder…” So no fix for me :frowning: Still wants an update every time. Still wont let me update.

2 Likes

Likewise, I followed all the instructions posted, but the patch loop remains.

1 Like

Same here, issue is still happening even after trying all the fixes mentioned here.

1 Like

Still have the same problem. A 134MB phantom patch every time…

1 Like

Formatted computer and reinstalled the game. Still experiencing this issue.

1 Like

same issue here. Tried all the fixes mentioned and still patches every time.

1 Like

Bump. Tried all the above blue post steps. No luck. Still getting a 137MB update nearly every time I open Battle.net client, sometimes immediately following a game. Random frame loss also present.

1 Like

137MB everytime I start this fk game…

1 Like

Same problem and waiting time to patch everytime I start the game… help

1 Like

same problem here and only on Heroes of the Storm. 137MB download every game start and then updating game every time I exit.

1 Like

same here, it looks like they dont give a fffffff… cause this bug has been ongoing for more than a month, and they actually released an update to the game which didnt fix the issue. They need to realize that some people has metered connections or limited amount of data and cant be updating everything they open the game.

1 Like

Hi,
you can try to fix it by setting up to manual update (not auto-update). Then launch the game directly from the folder: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe”

Not the best but seems to work.
cheers

please fix this updating thing…

1 Like

still 137MB downloading patch everytime…

1 Like

The problem with the constant patching is still an issue for me too. Hoku posted a workaround here:

This works fine, but there really should be a fix for this issue as it’s been over a month and is effecting all Blizzard games, not just Hots.

This isn’t an issue for the Hots technical support posting here to fix, but I’m very surprised this issue has persisted for so long without even an update on when it will be resolved.

2 Likes

yeah I’m using the work around as well, but I would love to see a fix!

The original issue causing Battle.net update loops has been resolved so we’re going to close up this thread.

For the issue with “Preparing game data” pop-up when launching the game and getting a 137MB download, refer to the other thread here.