[Main thread] Apple M1 Macs - Unable to see ground effect indicators

Why is so hard to tackle this issue? M1 Macs in general are the perfect target for HOTS, it already runs smoothly and is really good to play on the go etc with M1 Macs on battery power. Shame on blizzard to be honest.

4 Likes

Could you please fix this? Since one year no progress on this issue…

2 Likes

Can confirm this bug but on a 2020 Intel Macbook Pro. Restarting the game sometimes resolves this issue temporarily.

1 Like

Same issue here.
Pretty shocking that it hasn’t been addressed. Perhaps it’s actually technically a beast.

1 Like

I have the feeling that it’s more related to the OS, 'cause I never had issues while running macOS Catalina, and the update to Big Sur brought all this horrific bugs that make the game unplayable. At least for my issue the “solution” was to play with SHADOWS at Low settings… :disappointed:

I have just tried the game on MacOS Monterey (12.0.1) and now not even any part of the terrain and the textures are visible. Good bye HOTS on M1 Macs…

So as promised I ran several tests on my M1 max MacBook.
First of all, as many friends mentioned, the issue still exists on M1 max chip.
Then I tried running the game under Win11 ARM64 on Parallels, glad to see the issue is gone however the fps was bad, around 30, and the worst thing was the stutters/lags.
I have to use Mac system for my work and life for some reasons, and I have sold my windows PC yesterday. I am not a heavy gamer but I played this game with my friends on internet for longer than 4 years, it was a good memory, but not all my life. I meet these friends monthly in real life, and can still borrow a Windows PC from them when necessary when having a offline game party with them.
League of Legends or other IMBA games are not really my cup of tea, because I like the idea of team cooperation and all the Bilizzard characters. I will definitely back to HoTS when this issue is solved, but not because of Blizzard but for my friends. The saddest thing is not about this stupid bug but is Blizzard keeping disappointing and ignoring gamers these years, and I don’t care any longer.

3 Likes

Hi, it’s November. The team has had 9 months to work on this issue. seriously, what is the problem? At least give us an update. I don’t care if it’s “we’d have to rewrite the game so it’s never going to be fixed.”

Please just give us an update, this is really unprofessional.

1 Like

Well, I have tried running HotS using Windows 11 ARM64 on Parallels, but I always get the error message „(Error 2:-1073741819)“ on launching HotS. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

have you read any blizz related news for the last few months or years, there have been mass layoffs of staff

the person you are replying to may not even work for blizzard anymore… and as the game is barely maintained they dont care about a 1% minority of us mac users

there is no other solution for us, than using bootcamp or parallels and playing with windows.

(it all comes down to this: nobody cares about this game anymore at blizzard, especially about us mac users
they have even had the summer event up in the launcher for 7 months now and it’s about to be december)

1 Like

It didn’t happen on my situation. I only tested on the trial version of Parallels, assigned 8GB ram to Windows 11 64ARM.
BTW I downloaded windows 11 64ARM ISO from microsoft insider website and updated it before installing Battlenet.

1 Like

That’s so true, why would we give a sh*t to this when Blizzard paying zero attention here.
Sometimes I even wish Tencent or netease or any other rich Chinese company could acquire this game title from Blizzard. At lease they would pay more attention than Blizzard to gamer’s voice.

I found out that the ground indicators are hidden underneath the terrain. See here ibb. co/b129f5K. (remove space after ibb.)

So everything is there, just not in order…

2 Likes

Heroes are the only reason for me to keep an intel mac. I really hope this gets fixed soon! Otherwise, in longer term I will either stop playing Heroes, or get a Steam Deck, provided that it works there.
Crossing my fingers.

good luck with the fingers lol! the issue is unfixed since 2019 even before m1 chip existed, and the game has no more mac staff!

Is there any update on this?
The game runs flawlessly but the Ability Indicators is so game breaking its sad.

Please fix this, hell I’d even pay money for it as a feature.

2 Likes

It has been a while since an update. Even just a lil nudge would be great.

I tried the new PTR today and they haven’t fixed it.

Yes, that is so awful.
Wtf Blizzard!

Why would they? There are no Mac staff working on classic games which is what HotS is branded as.

I will quote my post from a year ago: