MacOS Big Sur runs fine

the game works fine and run silky smooth on the latest macOS Big Sur just incase you are wondering
I think blizzard should have overhaul heroes in ARM code so that the game can run on maximum performance when they start making the transition at the end of the year

I am touched that Apple would take such a risk to cut off ancient Intel x86 cpu by taking everything in house with their crazy power performance efficient custom silicon

Apple has always embraced big changes to stay at the forefront of personal computing… Jesus Christ … they have elevated Mac to a new height

1 Like

And, what of the graphical glitches that were introduced since the transition to Metal?

ok so the game is still crashing on sun temple when everything are set on ultra and shader and set on ultra
( reduce shader on medium DOES SOLVE the problem but why would I dumb it down because of the software issue ? )

MacOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta (20A4299v)
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 9 MB
Memory: 128 GB ram
Graphics : radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB

I hope that they are going to compile the game also for ARM, because it is the only one which I am currently playing frequently on my Mac. :slight_smile:

Till then I hope Rosetta 2 is capable to emulate all required operations for the new ARM Macs, but we will see.

Edit: One good thing: Diablo Immortal should be running without any big changes on Macs in future. :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks for testing this before me! :+1:

Thanks for the heads up!

Not my experience at all with macOS 11.0.1, the game freezes and is totally unplayable. Hardware: MacBook Pro 2018 Core i5 with 4 Thunderbolt ports 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

3 Likes