Mac system hardrive space growing

My wife and I have three mac laptops and they all have the same issue-- Over time the System portion of our hard drives fill up as updates come into Heroes. I was up to 98/121 GB recently and I was receiving notifications that my space was about to be totally full. I thought this was odd since I wasn’t downloading anything, it being a work computer (I got heroes with a manager’s approval/password) . I deleted the caches for Heroes and that freed up roughly 30 GB of hard drive space (I have yet to try this method on my wife’s computer). I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and my system is still at 60 GB. I don’t know what is being put there, but I thought I’d put the word out there that this is an issue. I’ve seen reports of this happening as early as 2016 and all the way up until now. Please patch it!

Note:

The two that we use to play heroes (she uninstalled it from the third because she didn’t want to have to wipe the harddrive and reinstall the OS again) both are up to date with the latest Mojave. My wife had this issue before, but I didn’t, and now that we’re both up to date on Mojave, we both have this issue.