Mac Screen Flickering and unresponsive after Ventura update

As above, trying to play heroes of the storm and no problem until I get into game. So no problem until after loading screen, character selection fine. Screen doesn’t refresh but I can click then command+tab back into game and my click/move will be registered.

Hey there,

So there could be a few things going on. I haven’t seen any widespread recent reports of anything like this so while it is possible there is a larger issue between HotS and the newest Ventura Update, it is more likely just some sort of local conflict or corruption of the client.

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
  2. Choose settings, then game settings.
  3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
  4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Blizzard Support - Repairing Battle.net Games

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Our clients do not support installation on encrypted drives using programs such as File Vault. There can be issues installing, updating, launching or connection issues due to the encryption. If drive encryption has been enabled, please disable it and allow the drive to decrypt: Blizzard Support - Checking for FileVault

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.