Low Fps with a RTX 2080 SUPER

How its even possible this game runs in team fight at 57-80fps with a frikin expensive and top tier GPU?

gpu rtx 2080 super ventus oc edition
cpu i7 7700k
16g ram 2400 ddr4
100 mb fiber internet

That is why. Major CPU bottleneck. Old CPU slowed by intel security fixes for speculative execution exploits. Running painfully slow memory.

That said HotS only runs the game loop at 16 FPS internally. So as long as your display is GSync/freesync compatible the 57-80 FPS is more than enough for highly competitive play.

No… sorry but you are not right, those low frames are no even normal with my PC. I fix it.

I play others games way more heavier than Hots at 1440p max settings at 120fps with my i7700k and my 2080 Super Oc Edition. Games like Witcher 3, For Honor, Modern Warfare, Red dead 2 and non of them fall down my fps until 57 like hots did early today, its a bad joke.

Now i fix it and its smoothly running 136-144fps all the time at 1440p in extreme graphics mode as it SHOULD BE with my gpu+cpu. I’ve reinstall windows, nvidia drivers and Hots.

HotS is based on the Starcraft 2 engine which is very, very cpu intensive.

Even a top tier GPU can struggle in HotS with a mediocre CPU.

Most newer video games like Witcher 3 are largely GPU dependent.

That being said, I can get ~100FPS if I disable Vsync, using gtx 980 and an old core i5 processor.

You cannot compare games like that. Especially ones which have fundamentally utterly different gameplay. Many of those games are also a lot more modern than the now decade old StarCraft II engine used in Heroes of the Storm, so can better take advantage of multi core performance.

When I posted that such frame rate was expected I was thinking of absolute worst case performance. For example a Samuro with illusions deployed and level 20 bladespin in side an enemy team. That really tanks frame rate. 130-140 FPS for a reasonable skirmish/team fight would be expected on a processor like yours but those situations are not worst case.

Would be interesting to know what was causing the performance regression in the first place. A 50% reduction in performance is pretty major.

Has the performance of any other games improved?

This is highly exaggerated. A mediocre CPU like the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 could easily push >140 FPS most of the time in HotS. HotS does not benefit much from the higher core counts of the high end CPUs, only gaining performance from what little faster clock speed they offer.

Mediocre CPU? Hots struggle? hahaha!
my i7 7770k is running Hots in 4k Ultra settings, 144fps at 33% of Cpu use :wink:
I’ve reinstall windows and reinstall Hots and it fix. Its a shame i cant upload pictures here but here is the link, delete space to see it

https:i.imgur. (no space) com/o8BHBrf.jpg

That’s nice to hear. Sounds like your files were just corrupted. It always helps to reinstall the game every now and then just to free up disk space as well.

[Edited by Moderator] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like