Living the Dream that Never Ends? [Butcher Trait Discussion]

Hello,

I saw a talent of Alaraks described as, “Living the Dream” today by one of the developers. I’m a Butcher QM player (hate me if you must!).

I think there’s a point when living a dream must be put to an end… Butcher probably should have a hard cap to his total meat capacity. His soft cap is currently 200 meat. But, there is no such thing as a hard cap.

I argue this is too punishing to opponents because unlike other similar abilities like Falstad’s or Muradin’s hammer abilities which give them small nigh-infinite boosting~~ Butcher has a large nigh-infinite boosting mechanism built into his trait ability (which has no drawback after the soft cap is achieved).

Never mind being able to counter the guy for a moment, okay? I want to make my point clear – Butcher should have a hard cap of something around 300-500 meat because without the actual limit being in place to stop it… there are times he goes above and beyond that which kind of gets too out of hand.

There’s a point when his basic damage gets to about 1,000 at 1.36 second attack speed (I understand there’s scaling involved with this…). At that point, even tanks have a really hard time trying to deal with him. And, yes, that’s living the dream… but, like I said… there’s a point when that occurs and I think anything above that situation is just too much.

Butcher doing 1200-1500 per swing is absolutely ludicrous. I think removing the possibility of that ever occurring is reasonable.

If you’re not sure what I mean… try playing an A.I match as Butcher and get your meat over 500 around levels 20-30. Then, consider the amount of damage to the regular persons health bar. You’ll have to consider small bars (weaklings), medium bars (weaklings), and high bars (a good punching bag for about 3 seconds). That is if you chain combinations well enough otherwise the damage looks a bit less destructive.

Try the combination of… prime a furnace blast (let’s say 1k damage), the charge (let’s say another 1k damage), a basic swing (another 1k) followed by hamstring (1k) initiating a second immediate swing (1k). That single combination will down about 75% of the games character roster lol… and try to do it under 1-3 seconds (burst style).